You can learn a lot by having supper with a junior majoring
by Austin316 (2017-03-19 21:21:09)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

in women's studies. For example, Frozen is really about the patriarchal fear of women's roles in fertility, wherein men feel the need to lock women away when they start having their periods because men are afraid of the power of a woman's cycle because that is what makes her genuinely feminine.

Or some shit like that.

Who knew?

I'd tell her that when I was in college, I studied abroad.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-03-20 20:01:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then another, and another, and...

And we all know whose fault it is she can't earn a living
by BacTien  (2017-03-20 13:52:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Trump's.

Well there are all those Marches - who has time to work *
by NDoggie78  (2017-03-20 15:13:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your junior needed this
by Irishlawyer  (2017-03-20 11:01:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

luckily, William and Mary offers help to kids who go home only to learn how uncivilized and backwards their families are.

I would have only tipped her 10% *
by akaRonMexico  (2017-03-20 10:01:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

[golf clap] *
by milhouse  (2017-03-20 13:58:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's terrible, but damn funny. *
by beattherush  (2017-03-20 12:15:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-03-20 12:03:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope nobody makes her aware of...
by ufl  (2017-03-20 09:55:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

you need sensitivity training, oppressor. *
by 84david  (2017-03-20 09:54:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Someone's $69,395 hard at work this academic year. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-19 22:50:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

* = Average Cost of Attendance for 2017-2018

I'm paralyzed with fear over the pleasure I take watching
by irishguard78  (2017-03-19 21:28:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Patton, The Godfather and The Longest Day. I love those movies and I'm sure I'm a totally shitty male who deserves to kneel before women like this Women's Studies major and beg them to hate me.

You left out Porky's. *
by fletch  (2017-03-20 13:27:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hm. Plausible.
by captaineclectic  (2017-03-19 21:28:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But isn't it her sexuality in general, rather than her period in particular?

Look at what she takes time to do in her big makeover scene:

That's right! She puts a slit in the dress, while singing about how liberated she is!

Pretty obvious that her liberation comes with a side-helping of sexual freedom, and honestly, good for her.

If you play that scene backwards in super slow motion...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-03-20 08:00:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you'll see that in one brief flash, they embedded a large dildo in her hand, symbolizing the power of women to both pleasure themselves and beat men senseless with their own genitalia. You've come a long way, baby.

Could be. Anna was willing to give it up after one duet.
by Austin316  (2017-03-19 21:40:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Elsa is probably fighting for an equally sexualized existence without societal slut shaming.

Now that I think about it, wasn't there some rumor or public activism about Elsa being a lesbian ?

Folks want a gay Disney princess, I guess.
by captaineclectic  (2017-03-19 22:10:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As far as I'm aware, none of the fairy tales adapted into Disney films have particularly gay themes.

Lots of them are about the limits of what women can do in polite society, though.

Mulan was a cross-dresser.
by bengalbout  (2017-03-20 12:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But in the end, she hooked up with the guy.

Many "Sweet Polly Olivers"
by captaineclectic  (2017-03-20 21:28:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are primarily straight women's fantasies. The transgression is of gender-assigned social roles, and the reward is heterosexual sex with the hunky hero (who initially saw her as a best friend.)

Sometimes the incidents of the story make this pretty clear. In Tamora Pierce's "Song of the Lionness," handsome prince Jonathan of Comte learns that his friend and page Alan is actually Alanna when a magical villain ... blasts her clothes off. Later "Alan", now Jon's squire, notices the prince making eyes at at pretty girl at a ball and takes advantage of their adjoining rooms to surprise him naked. The results can be inferred.

He fixes the cable? *
by LoungeTroll  (2017-03-21 00:38:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, I remember the scene in Frozen where Elsa was visited
by milhouse  (2017-03-19 21:21:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Aunt Flow in the palace.

Songs include "Do you want to buy a tampon" and...
by Giggity_Giggity  (2017-03-19 21:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Heavy flow, heavy flow."

Next week's a good time to do more than cuddle
by Go_Crazy_Folks  (2017-03-20 07:32:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But try me tonight l, you'll wake up to a

...happy feminist!

Outstanding.
by yodadame  (2017-03-19 21:57:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, "For the First Time in Four Weeks."

Goodnight everybody! *
by Irish Tool  (2017-03-19 22:15:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.