Penn St has a decent wrestling program.
by 93NationalChampions (2017-03-18 22:27:17)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

That is all.

We know *
by RocketShark  (2017-03-19 11:03:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was that a sharky comment? *
by drmurray  (2017-03-19 15:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

shark is in the eye of the beholder *
by bizdomer09  (2017-03-19 16:14:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Please, he knows what he's doing *
by HennaOrNo  (2017-03-19 16:52:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice *
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-19 13:49:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

High school wrestling in Pennsylvania is a religion.
by Otter  (2017-03-19 10:57:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the early 90s in the Easton area, there were four teams in the national top 25. Not state top 25...national top 25.

They had a Christmas Tournament where the #1, #5, #7 and #19 ranked teams nationally were all competing. And three of them were in the same conference. That's only one county in Eastern, PA. The Western part of the state is similar.

When I was a kid in central PA back in the '60s,
by Barney68  (2017-03-19 13:57:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there were two "major" sports for which a participant got a large letter: football and wrestling. All other sports earned one a much smaller version of the same thing.

We had a successful wrestling program. When the coach, who also taught wood shop, broke a kids arm by throwing him across the shop classroom (not the shop area), the reaction was, shall we say, muted.

No kidding.
by John88  (2017-03-19 09:39:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I grew up in SW PA, and high school wrestling was (and still is) king. Folks who don't follow the sport have no idea how good damn near every single college in the state is.

PSU has just been unreal the past 8 years or so. They are the Alabama of college wrestling...so we got that going for us. Groan.

Retherford is a beast.
by circle07  (2017-03-19 08:06:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sanderson seems to be able to always have at least one — and, at times most unfortunate for an Iowa fan, several — absolutely dominant wrestler every year. Retherferd is that guy and he's only a freaking junior. He pinned the 3rd place finisher in the first period and won it all with a tech fall against a guy who was 32-2 on the season. Unreal.

Yeah, Jerry S. used to practice in the football showers. *
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-19 06:06:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were grappling. *
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-19 16:18:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What do you call someone great at grappling?
by captaineclectic  (2017-03-19 16:27:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A grapist?

It's a good thing I like really like grapes then..
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-19 16:52:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess I'd be considered a grapoisseur.

They're into that Greek stuff I guess. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2017-03-19 00:13:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They like to start them out young. *
by Jeash  (2017-03-19 00:18:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd like them a lot more if I didn't have to
by pmcdnd96  (2017-03-18 22:48:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hear the post-match interviews

You mean the part where Jesus is a huge PSU fan? *
by NavyJoe  (2017-03-19 01:42:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.