How do you Lyft/Uber from Ohare?
by DakotaDomer (2017-03-18 15:18:02)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

We have a car seat to install so I'm not sure the cabs will take us

Just open the app once you get your luggage, click through,
by JGirish513  (2017-03-18 18:55:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then make sure you punch in the app the correct terminal. It comes up as a drop down menu for selecting which terminal. There's a designated ride share loading zone for each terminal. Not sure about T3, but for T1 and T2 it's on the upper level roadway, between T1 and T2. Really simple--we just did it with a car seat a month ago and it worked out great.

Two pick-up spots: Between T1 &T2 and between T2 & T3
by Vermin96  (2017-03-19 10:38:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both are on the departure level. Not sure if there's a designated pick-up spot in T5.

No designated spot in T5
by HTownND  (2017-03-19 11:03:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just pull up like everyone else

City or suburbs? The suburban cabs will for certain
by sprack  (2017-03-18 18:05:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And for a city cab, if the first doesn't take the car seat wait for one that will.

Uber is very dicey at O'Hare and is not cheaper than the cabs.

Just walk to the Hilton at the airport
by 512  (2017-03-18 17:24:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And order it there.

there is a pick up site it will be fine *
by airborneirish  (2017-03-18 17:10:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure you can
by sorin76  (2017-03-18 16:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Daughter was there on business some time ago and she could not uber

You can now
by s---alley2  (2017-03-18 21:01:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pickup spot is by the departures in between terminal 1 and 2

First, I'm pretty sure the cabs don't have a choice.
by manofdillon  (2017-03-18 15:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they have to let you use a car seat. We've used ours in cabs before (in Chicago and elsewhere) with no issue.

If you want to Uber, just request it after you've collected your luggage. There's a designated ride sharing pick-up area on the departures level, so you need to go back upstairs and depart near the checkin area.

We did the cab - he wouldn't let us install it
by DakotaDomer  (2017-03-18 21:29:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't fight him that hard but this is kind of what I expected from the cabs.

Why not push back harder?
by squid  (2017-03-19 11:56:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allowing a customer to install a car seat is not something a regulated taxi can refuse surely.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.