I agree with you on last year's Prensado.
by 89Swine (2013-01-14 14:57:41)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: While I agree with your general sentiment, my problem  posted by Papa November

I bought a box shortly after the announcement. I thought they were ok but not worthy of number one. Not even top 10. I had one last weekend and feel they improved considerably with a year to age. Still not spectacular, but solid.

On the other hand, I like the Flor de las Antillas a lot. Compared to other Don Pepin's, it's a slightly less flavorful smoke with more balance than punch so I can see where you think it might not measure up. While taste is paramount, I love how they look -- slight box press, flawlessly smooth chocolate wrapper, classic ornate band. It's a gorgeous cigar. No.1? Eh, that's all subjective anyway. But I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.