Peeking inside the mind of allcaps handled posters.
by GailStanwyck (2013-01-14 12:26:32)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I am honestly flummoxed by something. Why do people (generally allcaps folks) reply to a post with a formal 'title' in the subject line of their post? e.g. "Reply", "Answer for IrishDomer4721jd" or "Survey"? There's never a need for it, but especially not when their answer could have fit entirely in the subject line. It's not like they're replying via email - they can SEE the format of the board as they're replying.

What is this? Some archaic message board protocol I'm unaware of? General unfamiliarity with the internet? I must know.

By some magic of science, if I post from a computer
by 84david  (2013-01-14 15:58:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my handle is 84david, from my iPhone, its 84DAVID. Yes, by cracky, we are one and the same person. So, I'm only a part time all caps poster, but I don't know why.

I can't peek. *
by kbyrnes  (2013-01-14 14:03:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reply within
by nd8486  (2013-01-14 13:53:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coforcience.

Gailstanwyck
by SNARLCAKES  (2013-01-14 13:45:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It means you love grandbabies and trying to convert protestant women.

Did you just call SEE an all-caps poster? *
by sprack  (2013-01-14 13:23:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree * *
by Max Fischer  (2013-01-14 12:56:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

GailStanwyck
by Barrister  (2013-01-14 12:51:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Done.

is this thing on? *
by Elvis McCoy  (2013-01-14 12:49:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

alternately
by Final_Flanner  (2013-01-14 12:40:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the 50 different ways people put one letter and one number in their subject line.

spaces, no spaces, dashes, commas, colons, semi-colons, capitalization, no capitalization, parentheses, brackets, etc...

It's about respect. You follow the format of the original
by Buck Mulligan  (2013-01-14 12:43:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

post, even for someone like El K.

I don't care what everyone else says -- I respect the guy.

respect is nice
by Final_Flanner  (2013-01-14 12:49:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just thinking it makes writing the data parser that much easier if everyone just sticks to one format.

I'm not necessarily doing a data parser
by El Kabong  (2013-01-14 13:11:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just wanted a birds-eye view. The answers are interesting.

I know you aren't
by Final_Flanner  (2013-01-14 13:39:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I was a few days ago, so it was on my mind.

It would be pretty cool to have one of those political spectrum charts with the answers, but the vast majority would be in the "not happy then, pretty happy now, think he lacked tact" quadrant.

Since El K did not provide a preferred format...
by NavyJoe  (2013-01-14 13:00:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You all should have followed my lead. Adjust accordingly.

Buck Mulligan
by El Kabong  (2013-01-14 12:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think I'm going to post this way for the rest of the day.

Hey! You! Over here!
by Rocksteady74  (2013-01-14 12:54:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go for it.

I like turtles. *
by Revue Party  (2013-01-14 12:37:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they are nervous
by DBCooper  (2013-01-14 12:36:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

dont want the world to see their response as they are newbies to the site

GailStanwyck
by El Kabong  (2013-01-14 12:32:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know either, it's annoying.

RE: Peeking inside the mind of allcaps handled posters.
by YO OPER  (2013-01-14 12:32:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love the word "flummoxed".

EMAIL SENT *
by Buck Mulligan  (2013-01-14 12:32:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by irish2x  (2013-01-14 12:29:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know either.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.