Fat finger phone question
by SEE (2013-01-14 10:02:44)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

For those if you who have a bigger phone (is a Galaxy) do you find it cuts down on typing errors? Also is swipe worth it ?

Stylus is the only way to go.
by GraniteBayDomer  (2013-01-14 14:40:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Otherwise, I'm hopeless. See Amazon.

Is Swype free or can I steal it? *
by mkovac  (2013-01-14 11:14:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes to both.
by yooper  (2013-01-14 11:20:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is pre-installed on some phones, or you can go to the Swype website and download a beta version for use on any Android device. The betas expire after several months, but you usually just need to update to a newer beta to continue using it.

I found Swype entertaining, but didn't make a habit of it.
by Irish Tool  (2013-01-14 10:49:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had been firmly in the fat finger --> physical keyboard camp until I jumped to the S3. Typing onscreen has been fine and (on the BR's recommendation) I have found the Swiftkey app to be very worthwhile.

IMO Swype's strong suit is in writing longer words easily and quickly. For quick texts, I never really got it to work consistently enough for me.

I hate Swype
by yooper  (2013-01-14 10:42:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On a standard keyboard, you get one character typos which still make it obvious which word you intended. With Swype you get entirely the wrong word, which usually changes the meaning of the sentence into something baffling or embarrassing.

I have the Galaxy S3 and I don't find any trouble typing with the standard keyboard.

I love Swype
by El Capitan  (2013-01-14 10:11:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It cuts down on some typing errors, although not enough!

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.