Girls appears to have really lost momentum in Season 2
by Raoul (2013-01-13 22:54:19)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Story tonight was very weak. Marnie's scene with her mother was pathetic. Shoshanna was more bizarre than ever. Hannah was fatter then ever.

The scene with her mother is completely unrealistic.
by Wooderson  (2013-01-14 11:55:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First of all, the last thing the mother is going to do is admit to the affair in front of her daughter. Secondly, Marnie would NEVER get cut off like that, no parent lets a daughter who looks like that go without until she finds her banker hubby to pay for stuff.

Oh, and Lena, keep your fucking clothes on. Guh.

Is this about that sitcom, "2 Broke Girls?" If so, I think
by 53stackmonster  (2013-01-14 10:45:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

aw fuck it, really? You watch that shit? And admit to it? And post about it?

If this is about something else, sorry.

If not...really?

You're a sucker for watching.
by captaineclectic  (2013-01-13 22:57:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That show is like a shit popsicle, pretending it's a shit tootsie pop.

"How many licks will it take to get to the non-shit center?"

"One! Two! Thu-ree! Nope, it's shit all the way down!"

The only enjoyable parts in "Girls"
by edomerp  (2013-01-14 07:27:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are when the characters get what they have coming to them (Adam taking Lena to town for being shallow and self-absorbed, Brian Williams' daughter getting upset at her ex-boyfriend's happiness). Unfortunately these never come with an actual "lesson," they're just played as "oh that's just how we 20-something priveleged white girls are."

I kept waiting for a serial killer to show up.
by captaineclectic  (2013-01-14 10:57:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That show should've been a slasher from the beginning -- and topped out at 87 minutes.

Ouch...That's how I feel about all of Tarantino's work
by Raoul  (2013-01-13 23:02:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after Reservoir Dogs.

Season one was interesting but Season two started awful. And it looked especially horrible juxtaposed with Downton Abbey, a show I watched just before Girls and one that continues to deliver excellent work.

So you guys are serious about Downton Abbey?
by Bluntschli  (2013-01-13 23:26:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not bad, but after watching 3-4 episodes I didn't see what all the buzz was about.

It's visually wonderful
by dbldomer7375  (2013-01-14 08:41:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a sucker for huge houses and the Edwardian period. It's photographed so well.

Dame Maggie Smith is awesome on the show *
by Raoul  (2013-01-13 23:31:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Shit the Dowager Countess Says" is the main reason to watch *
by IAND75  (2013-01-13 23:42:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm watching Shameless
by captaineclectic  (2013-01-13 23:07:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Neither of the shows you mention has Emmy Rossum or an equivalent.

Hell, neither of the shows you mention has William H. Macy or an equivalent.

I love this show. So offensive but I laugh my arse off *
by Morrissey_1AB  (2013-01-14 09:43:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I prefer Emmy Rossum in naked snippets only
by Raoul  (2013-01-13 23:15:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one needn't watch all of Shameless to get that. I don't like Shameless. But it is way better than House of Lies.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.