Is traveling to the Bahamas in Sept or Oct crazy?
by BlackJack21 (2013-01-13 22:41:48)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I am seeing some good deals... almost too good to be true. I know its hurricane season, but am I unaware of the general stupidity of vacationing in the Caribbnean in Sept/Oct?

Risky, but not crazy.
by Atlantic3  (2013-01-14 11:10:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

September and October are prime hurricane months as I guess you know. I've Iived in South Florida for 26 years and have experienced numerous hurricanes and three direct hits. All depends on The original latitude of the storm, steering currents, the jet stream and nearby cold fronts. In other words, you never know.

As long as you are aware if the potential, and accept the risk, go for it. A vacation, yes. A wedding, no.

No, the Bahamas don't get hit as hard by hurricanes.
by chidomer  (2013-01-14 07:58:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of the smaller islands break them up some.

We've been there twice in September. Once to Ocean Club and once to the suites tower at Atlantis. We love it.

January is actually worse see Rock's House for details *
by okerland  (2013-01-13 23:01:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just make sure you have hurricane insurance.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2013-01-13 22:42:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And don't frigging go if there's one brewing anywhere near there.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.