Somebody invent this.
by Max Fischer (2013-01-13 17:06:18)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

This morning at breakfast, I thought our waiter asked my friend if she wanted "bacon sausage or turkey sausage." I don't know what "bacon sausage" is, but I guarantee it would sell like crazy. It would also liberate people from having to choose between bacon and sausage with their breakfasts.

Here's a tasty version...
by kbyrnes  (2013-01-13 18:11:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...depending on your taste, of course.

Many sausage makers supplement their pork butt with fat
by Smokin_Clover  (2013-01-13 17:34:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whether it be fatback or bacon. I prefer to use jowl fat when it's available. If you just used bacon as your base it would be unpleasantly fatty and difficult to cook.

So did my ex girlfriend *
by BacTien  (2013-01-13 17:38:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They tend to do that, don't they? *
by LocalSubAlum  (2013-01-13 17:44:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have had it...
by Blairkiel  (2013-01-13 17:09:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Farmland brand

And is sucked. I couldn't believe it.

Weird. My inclination, at least,
by Max Fischer  (2013-01-13 17:32:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would be to cook the bacon most if not all of the way, break it into bits, then add that to the uncooked pork sausage mix. You could even cook it in the bacon fat (as if pork sausage is so lean it needs more fat to cook). A big part of bacon is the texture. Simply grinding it and adding it to other ground meat in a uniform mixture would dilute what is good about bacon.

get to work
by cujaysfan  (2013-01-13 17:35:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you're halfway there

Bacon Sausageā„¢ brought to you by Fischer Maxtronics

Do you guys do brunch? I would like to see it on a menu. *
by Max Fischer  (2013-01-13 17:40:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

during football season - yes
by cujaysfan  (2013-01-13 17:44:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it might be gettin phased out though

Brunch at TFG...
by ArasEra  (2013-01-13 18:39:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...bacon sausage and Irish Car Bombs.

mmmmmmmmm!

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.