Why does Netflix streaming work fine for one episode,
by Papa November (2013-01-12 23:36:43)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

and then suddenly suck Winter Celtic's balls for the next episode? Nothing has changed, but it suddenly lags like mad. Drives me crazy.

Seems to depend on the device for me
by sprack  (2013-01-13 13:09:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have Netflix connectivity available through one TV, a Wii console, a TiVo box, a blu-ray player, my phone and my computers. They vary significantly, with the best by far being the blu-ray player (a Sony). The variable? Different connections to my home wireless network. The worst is the TiVo box when it's connecting to the TiVo network (it's OK when it isn't) for other things, which indicates to me it's a bandwidth issue.

Mine did the same. I tried prolotherapy.
by dulac89  (2013-01-13 12:42:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It didn't work for that either.

Kidding, kidding.

I had the same problem
by GraniteBayDomer  (2013-01-13 02:29:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Until I switched service providers. Now, I never have problems. I use Wavecable, which may be limited to the West coast. It's your provider, not Netflix, IMO.

Restarting the stream helps me most times.
by ferndog  (2013-01-13 01:29:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll be unable to get a program to stream in HD, even though I know I have plenty of bandwidth.

I'm using a Panasonic BluRay player. I relaunch the Net part, then relaunch Netflix, and restart the program I'm trying to watch. Sometimes I have to repeat a couple of times, but I usually can finally get an HD stream to go.

they had the proper technology
by jt  (2013-01-13 00:23:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but then they devoted extra resources to the "Save a leg for Rocky" campaign.

I don't know if these jokes will ever get old. *
by dentonfreeman  (2013-01-13 11:06:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What service are you using for Netflix? Uverse is
by beatgoeson  (2013-01-13 00:14:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not providing me enough bandwidth, I think. Over the past year I have sorted through the sell job, phone representatives told me, and discovered through service guys, I'm at the end of the local supply feed, and may not be getting enough bandwidth (capacity) to consistently stream Netflix programming without slow loading or frequent buffering.

Go to Speedtest.net.
by ndroman21  (2013-01-13 02:09:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need about 5.0 Mbps to get a decent HD feed.

Thats how I know bandwidth is likely to blame.
by beatgoeson  (2013-01-13 22:50:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Variable from 11Mbps, to 1-2Mbps. Often bottoming out in the evenings. Higher use rates, I guess.

Comcast and a Samsung BD. *
by Papa November  (2013-01-13 00:50:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What'ja watching? *
by Tinsu  (2013-01-12 23:47:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was watching West Wing.
by Papa November  (2013-01-13 00:13:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wife hasn't ever seen it, and it's been forever for me. But, since that crapped out, we're trying the first episode of Once Upon A Time.

Yes, I'm a swinger.

Once Upon a Time has become a family favorite *
by Austin316  (2013-01-13 12:29:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Quelle surprise. *
by captaineclectic  (2013-01-13 13:08:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how much of that vote is yours? *
by HoltzBeWithUs  (2013-01-13 12:38:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not much originally.
by Austin316  (2013-01-13 14:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's grown on me though. Given that Modern Family and The Middle are the only other programs on right now that I follow faithfully, it's pretty good stuff.

ah, family TV Stockholm Syndrome.
by HoltzBeWithUs  (2013-01-13 14:47:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's terrible.

Unwatchable, in fact.
by captaineclectic  (2013-01-13 15:08:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fairy tales for people who hate fairy tales meet urban fantasy for people who hate urban fantasy.

yeah, its garbage. *
by HoltzBeWithUs  (2013-01-13 15:14:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well, let me explain the premise of the show to you
by jt  (2013-01-13 00:24:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

everybody walks and everybody talks. There is an occasional witty line, and then more walking.

the end.

You forgot the most important part.
by formeririshhoya  (2013-01-13 11:02:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everyone learns a very valuable lesson. It's just like Full House that way.

Plus a disproportionately large number of redhead actresses
by tommy baseball  (2013-01-13 22:15:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Malory, Amy Adams as farmers daughter, Ginger, Congresswoman Wyatt, Margret. And as an added bonus Mary Louise Parker.

Plus lots of ND sweatshirts and coffee mugs.

I just rewatched the first four seasons. Debating whether to watch season five or not.

Probably has to do with which server it is stored on...
by ndroman21  (2013-01-12 23:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and the way the traffic is being directed by Netflix.

So, nothing I can do about then. *
by Papa November  (2013-01-12 23:44:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not that I've found.
by ndroman21  (2013-01-12 23:46:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You might try a different device, as I believe they store and route different formats differently.

I've recently run into issues with a specific episode.
by NDBass  (2013-01-12 23:39:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One quit when it hit a certain time. The rest of the series is fine. I've found the same thing for another episode in a different series. I don't think I've ever really had the issue you are having. At least not with any consistency and not anything that couldn't plausibly be a network thing.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.