Manny's in Elmhurst
by Section 12 (2013-01-09 12:26:41)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: New job. Need suit buying advice.  posted by Chitwndomer

It's been over 15 years and probably closer to 20 since I had to purchase a lot of suits but I always went to Manny's. I'd pick out three suits some shirts and ties there was a big shoe store around the corner so I'd head over there pick out three or 4 pairs of shoesm, go grab a burger and a beer and I'd come back and pick up my altered suits. Manny was or still is a big Notre Dame fan who knew the South Bend Elkhart area quite well so it was real easy to get to know him. One time Ray Meyer and his wife called in and said they were on their way over and Manny and his wife shoed the patrons to one side and cleared an area for "coach" and his wife. Manny was nice enough to give me a personal intoduction and I got to spend about 10 minutes talking to him, he had a real and genuine love for both Notre Dame and Digger. A love that stopped with his son Joey who I think was always a little bitter of Diggers and Rays relationship.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.