Does anyone use Walmart for iPhone contract?
by wnyirishfan (2013-01-09 10:30:20)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

"The Straight Talk plan (which claims to save users roughly $950 a year after switching from traditional unlimited plans) comes in two, contract-less flavors: a $45 version with unlimited talk, text, and data plan or a $60 plan that throws unlimited international calls to select countries into the mix. You'll still be shelling out some dough, though, and for a limited phone selection at that. You can either pick up a 16GB iPhone 5 for $649 or an 8GB iPhone 4 for $449."

Some buddies do
by ndtnguy  (2013-01-09 10:47:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They really like it.

On the plus side, it's cheap and unlimited. Also, you don't shell for their phones: my friend and his wife picked up used i-phones for essentially nothing.

On the downside, apparently it works by running all the service through the last-generation transmitters (or bandwidth, or however this actually works). So data speeds are not great.

If you don't have a lot of critical data needs (but would like to be able to check e-mail or something once in a while) it sounds like a pretty good deal.

No, but Virgin Mobile has a similar deal
by coachslacker  (2013-01-09 10:38:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that works well, if you are averse to Wal-Mart.

On a similar vain, Simple Mobile and T-Mobile
by anthro_domer  (2013-01-09 10:52:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

both offer Bring Your Own Device plans that are cheaper than the subsidized plans for the usual players. T-Mobile just announced a fully unlimited $70/month plan.

The unfortunate thing about these plans is they don't have 4G LTE, as T-Mobile is only up to what I'd call 3.5G with their HSPA+. It's ok, but not as good as LTE.

That said, I'm seriously considering one of these once my Verizon contract is up. I'm looking at getting the Nexus 4 which is only $300 unlocked. It's a fantastic deal for one of the best spec'd phones out there.

Sprint is the same price and offers 4G
by xChicagoIrish  (2013-01-09 12:01:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Again, it's not LTE, but you can get standard phone prices (same as AT&T and Verizon) with unlimited voice\data\text contracts for $69\month

They do have some LTE, but not in that many markets.
by anthro_domer  (2013-01-09 12:14:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The thing though is that you're still locked into a 2 year contract, so if you feel like changing you're screwed. T-Mobile also has cheaper 2GB/month at $60 and most people only need the 2GB.

You're so vein, you probably think this
by Buck Mulligan  (2013-01-09 11:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

nitpicking is about you.

Yeah, that one too. Speeling isn't my strong suit. *
by anthro_domer  (2013-01-09 11:27:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OT: did you recommend Dead Snow?
by Buck Mulligan  (2013-01-09 11:32:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If so, a hearty gracias.

At some point, probably. It's pretty wonderful.
by anthro_domer  (2013-01-09 11:44:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I'll take credit.

People know about Troll Hunter too, right? Because it's pretty good as well in the foreign kind-of-horror genre.

Top 5 of Nørge art. *
by Buck Mulligan  (2013-01-09 11:51:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.