Yesterday was the most fun I've had before an ND game
by NavyJoe (2013-01-08 18:37:06)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I am glad that i decided to go to the game. Every other ND tailgate that I have attended was, in retrospect, subconsciously subdued by the knowledge that our football team was simply not as good as we wanted it to be. That cloud of doubt was not present at yesterday's ND Ship Tailgate, which was, without question, the most ridiculous tailgate that I have ever been a part of. Now, some of my feelings are influenced by the fact that I saw some old friends whom I have not been around since graduation, but damn I've been to Oktoberfest and I've been to Mardi Gras, and I would take those six hours of tailgating and put it up against either of those two. It was irrational exuberance and joy personified.

That said, I could have done without the group of hooligans who apparently Riverdanced all over my car after I went into the stadium. When I came out from the game, my dejection was exacerbated by my inability to locate my vehicle. I was looking in the right spot, mind you, but just for the wrong color car. Apparently, after a baker's dozen of assholes traipse across, over, and about your car, you should be looking for a sepia-tinged vehicle riddled with small dents and creases. Don't think Enterprise is going to be thrilled about that...at least I have automatic insurance coverage.

Glad you had a good time. Any idea why they chose your
by mkovac  (2013-01-08 22:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

car?

I used to have a license plate with "ROCKNE" on it and never once during the 10 years it shifted from car to car did any SC fans disturb it when I took it to the Coliseum.

Strange that they would pick on your car - and a rental to boot.

Why do you think they chose your car? Did they damage any others? Truly a case of malicious mischief if I have ever heard of one - which I have.

It was actually people at the ND tailgate
by NavyJoe  (2013-01-09 08:58:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure my car was chosen for any other reason than it was in close proximity to the DJ's table. The other cars/trucks around me suffered as well. It was a pretty raucous event.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.