Sarcastic car maintenance question
by SavageDragon (2013-01-08 17:05:37)
Edited on 2013-01-08 17:09:27
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

How many separate times do I have to bring my car in with the same complaint -- each time giving more and more specific ways that they can get it to demonstrate the problem -- and have them say they could not reproduce the problem, before I get to slap them and tell them to get their shit together?

(Current count: 3, but each time as a separate item while in for other stuff.)

Can you record it with your phone the next time it happens? *
by Mickey  (2013-01-08 19:00:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate to tell you this, but,
by LocalSubAlum  (2013-01-08 18:06:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

some engine problems can only be properly diagnose at the time the problem is occurring. If this is an intermittent problem, which it sounds as if it is, that is why they can't diagnose it. About the only thing you can do is continue to drive the car and when it does it again, try to get to your mechanic or the nearest one ASAP.

How many times will you have
by LondonDomer  (2013-01-08 17:15:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to bring your car to the same crappy mechanic before you get a new one?

That's the thing ...
by SavageDragon  (2013-01-08 17:22:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's the place with the best reputation in the area for service, and I've been very happy with other work they've done, so I wouldn't think they're just screwing me -- further, they're certainly not getting anything out of it, since the diagnostic checks are free.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.