Jordan/Sanderson's -- "A Memory of Light"
by rflor (2013-01-08 09:32:31)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I know many Back Room denizens have been ambivalent toward the Wheel of Time series, but is anyone else anticipating today's release?

It's been over 23 years since this series has begun, and it's hard to believe it is almost at its closure. I never would've thought when I started reading it as a junior in HS that it would take this long, but it's here now.

Anyone else getting it today?

I'm over 600 pages in in less than 24 hours... (no spoiler)
by captaineclectic  (2013-01-09 09:40:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I have to work today, so I may not finish until the weekend.

So far, so good.

Mine should be arriving today... *
by stevec28  (2013-01-08 16:47:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got my digital copy at 2am yesterday and then went to bed *
by Irishlawyer  (2013-01-08 15:59:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How did you get a digital copy?
by rflor  (2013-01-08 17:16:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought there is going to be a 6-month delay in the ebook version due to a specific agreement Jordan's widow has with TOR.

I am irritated I had to go back to a paper copy. I'm spoiled by my kindle.

sorry - audiobook via audible
by Irishlawyer  (2013-01-08 17:44:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I drive about 2 hours to and from work a day and I thought I would just listen to this one.

There is a 189 page chapter.
by captaineclectic  (2013-01-08 13:45:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, and this is not a spoiler, Talmanes is awesome.

Mine shipped yesterday *
by Austin316  (2013-01-08 10:56:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mine arrives today, per Amazon...
by rflor  (2013-01-08 11:02:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do we move spoiler discussions to the Game Day board like last time, or keep em here?

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.