My coworkers must think I'm nuts
by sirket (2013-01-07 10:30:08)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I keep catching myself humming or singing the fight song under my breath... this day can't go any slower.

I fired a guy today for saying "Roll Tide."
by Giggity_Giggity  (2013-01-07 19:33:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously. We were in a fiscal close meeting and my boss started talking about the game. I said not to expect me until 10am tomorrow and one of my employees jokingly said it just to get me going. I said, "Pack your bags and be out of here by noon." Everyone though I was joking until I didn't laugh.

My CFO intervened, but his review will be rough.

I just got blank stares
by domerjd  (2013-01-07 19:13:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I said I was working at home for the afternoon to mentally prepare for the game.... "what game?" I prefer it that way. My boss did offer to help me move tomorrows court date if I found a game ticket, but he is the only one who gets it.

I created a mini-tailgate in my office. ND banner...
by Okcirish  (2013-01-07 16:56:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the door, with chips & dip. Veggie tray, cookies and finger foods. It feeds about 8-10. There is more than 1 Oklahoma Sooner fan that will be cheering for ND tonight. Or so I've been told.

My little horse must think it queer *
by thehibernian  (2013-01-07 15:03:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alright... I've had enough. Going home. *
by sirket  (2013-01-07 13:18:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel like I'm on meth.
by NDBass  (2013-01-07 12:21:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy shit, the adrenaline is flowing. I'm actually being very productive here at work. I expected the exact opposite.

One of our secretaries gave me two calenders this morning
by Killian  (2013-01-07 11:44:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The 1995 and 1999 football calenders. She said that she thought I should have them and "Go Irish".
Im leaving at noon. I have been on here all morning anyways.

Told my team this morning - they must start/end any...
by wnyirishfan  (2013-01-07 11:29:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

conversation with me by saying "Go Irish".

So far, so good.

"Blue, you're my boy!" *
by Frank Drebin  (2013-01-07 11:39:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every minute seems to take 10 * *
by dvpgm  (2013-01-07 10:35:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No kidding. It's only a little past 3 where I live and feels
by JACC1203  (2013-01-07 15:10:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

like it should be at least 6PM at night!

I can't wait for the basketball game so I can work off some pre-game stress!

GO IRISH!

No idea how I'm going to make it through the day *
by ColoNDFan  (2013-01-07 10:47:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.