Up and at 'em, Irish
by Mr.Natural (2013-01-07 07:22:36)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

JD has posted an Irish celebration - seems just right for today.

I bet Andy has that song on replay *
by santamonica  (2013-01-07 12:32:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perfect. *
by Buck Mulligan  (2013-01-07 11:36:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

HO LEE SHIT.
by Nitschke  (2013-01-07 11:10:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is this real?

The artist is a local Seattle guy whose most ...
by Rocksteady74  (2013-01-07 11:37:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... recent album just went Platinum.

I was not referring to the video. *
by Nitschke  (2013-01-07 15:18:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now I'm curious... what were you referring to?
by Mr.Natural  (2013-01-07 16:33:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry if I missed an obvious reference or something...

JD says yes...
by Mr.Natural  (2013-01-07 11:18:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Friend of a friend, apparently. The guy's already sort of famous... at least in "industry circles".

So excited for the game. Brought Game Day Donuts to
by nd929  (2013-01-07 10:25:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the office (and through sheer bribery, have converted at least three people who were on the fence to root for ND tonight), am wearing green and am sporadically playing the fight song with my ND music pen from the Bookstore.

I'm getting ready to go to my monthly Louisville St. X 1956
by ProV1x  (2013-01-07 10:20:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

luncheon at Molly Malone's. A good excuse to start drinking at 11AM and there'll be a lot of ND talk going on in the room. I think I'll wear my old Monogram jacket. Fifteen of us from the class of '56 at old St. X (2nd & Broadway) entered Notre Dame together.

15? Wow.
by oggie  (2013-01-07 10:35:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think my class started with 6 and ended with 7 -- and that was pretty high.

My current freshman's class has 4.

I'll bet your class at St. X had far fewer than the roughly 350+ graduates the Poplar Level edition churns out each year.

PS: Don't stay at Molly's (edit: St. Matthew's location) too long. The local Alabama group is having its gamewatch there. The ND version is 100 feet south at Saints. I might show up at the latter for any LATE post-game celebrating.

We go to the one on Baxter. 23 of us showed today.
by ProV1x  (2013-01-07 14:38:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe there were around 275 of us in the St. X class of '56. I'll have to look it up.

There were also some guys from Flaget and St. Joe Prep. in Bardstown, both taught by but not owned by Xavierian Brothers. Trinity's first HS grad class came along around that time.

Alabama fans are watching the game at Molly Malone's??
by JACC1203  (2013-01-07 10:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Odd they choose an Irish bar to go to. Seems some bar out on Dixie Hwy would be more fitting.

I kid.

Apparently,
by oggie  (2013-01-07 11:27:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they've been doing it all year in the small upstairs of the St. Matthew's location.

Neat. The one on Bardstown Rd or in St. Matthews?
by JACC1203  (2013-01-07 10:33:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PS- I'm Saint Xaiver Class of 1994.

GO IRISH!

Go get 'em Tiger! *
by ProV1x  (2013-01-07 14:28:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alabama at Molly's in St. Matthew's (upstairs)
by oggie  (2013-01-07 11:26:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND at Saints in St. Matthews (upstairs)

Was up at 0500
by maniactranspodriver  (2013-01-07 09:29:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seemed to wake up 4 times last night, thinking it was time to get up. Excited, nervous, hopeful, can't wait for kickoff!

Go Irish! Break the Tide!

Good morning from FLL! Go Irish! *
by irishnyer  (2013-01-07 09:24:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Greetings from Austin; Miami in spirit!
by knutesteen  (2013-01-07 09:05:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Half day or so at the office today, then I'll be that guy running the hike and bike trail on Town Lake (Ladybird Lake, um, not so much) adorned in my ND Football apparel, off to rendezvous with the one and only Jester King for some proper ND craft beer, and then home watching the season highlight show before settling in for a game we all have been waiting for for far too long. Go Irish! Today is the day!

GO Irish ! Big Game - Big Victory Tonight
by Jammer  (2013-01-07 09:01:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Checking in from Fort Lauderdale:
Great Weather & Great Day for a Victory over Bama !

Recipe for success for Victory @ Sun Life Stadium tonight:
Bring Your Defense - check
Control the clock - check
Run the Damn Ball - check
Limit Turnovers & Penalties - check
Big Plays by Key Players - check
Win the 4th Quarter ! check
GO IRISH beat Bama !

Greetings from Fort Lauderdale. Tonight can't get here
by irish gypsy  (2013-01-07 08:53:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

soon enough.

GO, IRISH, GO!

Checking in from South Beach. Go Irish! *
by StoLat  (2013-01-07 08:51:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on a day like this, Oldomer should wake up the echos *
by discNDav  (2013-01-07 08:31:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good morning, Brigade! Miss you, Commander! *
by ilirisheyes  (2013-01-07 09:15:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep. Good Morning Sir! Wherever you are. *
by tnirishfan  (2013-01-07 08:39:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only 12 long, long hours to go..... *
by Angel  (2013-01-07 08:25:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and an apology to you Angle for this song
by JD in Portland  (2013-01-07 09:13:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He didn't really mean that whole "fook the London Guard" stuff.
It's hip hop, they exaggerate stuff.
What he meant was more like - "The London Guard, like all of us they are imperfect and have made a couple mistakes."

The good thing about having a healthy dose of Welsh blood
by Angel  (2013-01-07 09:32:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

coarsing through your veins is that even being raised in England by English folk doesn't blunt the depressive self-loathing. I love and hate my brethren in equal measure.

Richard Burton must have both loved & hated Liz
by IrishJoeinnc  (2013-01-07 09:41:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when he loved Elizabeth he showered her with million-dollar jewelry. At other times he probably drunkenly clubbed her with an object or divorced her.

At work bright and early.
by dbldomer7375  (2013-01-07 07:42:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All day.

Up in Miami Lakes! Go Irish! *
by John88  (2013-01-07 07:29:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.