Boulder holds vigil for "fallen" elk
by Schmenkus (2013-01-06 23:41:36)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

"Meghan Stephens, of Louisville, said she came with her husband and 14-month-old daughter to lend support to her sister, who lives in the neighborhood."

“Tonight's a celebration, a celebration of the elk. We loved him. But I think he loved us, too, because he returned to this neighborhood.”

I was going to add a snarky comment, but simply quoting the article worked better.

that's the People's Republic of Boulder for ya *
by ColoNDFan  (2013-01-07 10:49:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Estes Park used to have a big bull Elk that they called
by Jeash  (2013-01-07 07:56:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sampson. He would hang around downtown and make a nuisance of himself. Finally, one of the shop owners had enough and blew his brains out. They charged the shop owner with hunting out of season.

is that the one the cop shot?
by cujaysfan  (2013-01-06 23:49:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

boulder is a weird place

damn hippies...

The whole story is kinda hilarious.
by LondonDomer  (2013-01-07 09:13:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The cops got drunk, shot a huge elk, then posed for pictures with him. The police said they knew nothing about it - until the pictures surfaced. Pretty good.

Yes.
by Schmenkus  (2013-01-07 00:30:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know what to compare Boulder to. If it were a person, it would be bastard love child of Tommy Chong (with disputed paternity by Dov Charney) and Jane Goodall.

nothing compared to Berkley *
by jt  (2013-01-07 10:40:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.