Brother Andre's feast day is January 6.
by G.K.Chesterton (2013-01-06 20:47:42)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Of course, it get erased today by the Epiphany, but I wonder if the CSC will be celebrating his feast day in-house tomorrow on Monday, January 7, if you get my drift.

Yes it is, thank you. I hope to visit the Oratory some day. *
by ProV1x  (2013-01-07 14:42:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What I heard is what BandAlum66 says
by ndtnguy  (2013-01-07 09:10:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That the memorial has been transferred to today. He's stacked up against Raymond of Penafort, so I doubt his Mass gets said in many places. But I like our chances.

(And for what it's worth, who gives a guy January 6 as a feast day anyways? I know Epiphany is generally transferred in the U.S., but 1) that's not the case everywhere and 2) the bishops could wake up any year and "un-transfer" it. St. Andre has essentially been hosed out of a feast day.)

Announced at Mass today, and in our bulletin.
by BandAlum66  (2013-01-06 21:51:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Because January 6th falls on a Sunday this year, the memorial of Saint André Bessette is moved to tomorrow, January 7th."

Only saint ever to stay at ND...and he stayed in Carroll.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2013-01-06 21:34:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alibeeba!

Heard this at Mass yesterday
by smcteacher  (2013-01-06 20:58:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Father Pat mentioned this and added, "We'll see how much pull Brother Andre has."

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.