I just killed a Black Widow - in my office
by mkovac (2013-01-03 17:52:02)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I was taking a cardboard box out of a corner to put some files in to transport them over to the front office for a meeting and I felt the sticky web of what I always know to be a Black Widow.

I used a ruler to push back the folded in top flaps and there she was a humongous Black Widow. Now ex-Black Widow.

It's been living in my office for a month.

Damn.

Nice work!
by Porpoiseboy  (2013-01-04 10:55:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope you sent that little bitch to her maker with a .44 Magnum!

Racist *
by Austin316  (2013-01-03 20:39:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This isn't a Bob Dylan song. *
by Wooderson  (2013-01-04 12:20:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You must be a lawyer, right? *
by bill hurley  (2013-01-03 20:35:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've taken the Calif Bar Exam but have not passed it...yet.
by mkovac  (2013-01-03 22:55:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I work in the Legal Department here at Bolthouse Farms, and write leases and contracts, so I guess my use of "files" kinds of gives things away.

Did she make you cry, make you break down
by Moff  (2013-01-03 20:31:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shatter your illusions of love?

Dude, stop it
by jmac95  (2013-01-03 20:30:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate spiders. They creep me out big time. I will soil myself if I come close to a black widow.

I once had the misfortune of reading one of your black widow posts shortly before going to bed. I was rewarded with a black widow dream.

Only post on this subject again if you are telling us that you have acquired multiple flame throwers and you intend to recruit and carry out your own personal specicidal jihad against them.

Same. I could be the biggest arachnaphobe out there. *
by 53stackmonster  (2013-01-04 09:36:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Check your email *
by tenn_subway  (2013-01-04 08:21:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The key is to let a little bit of sand drain from your fist. *
by Papa November  (2013-01-03 19:09:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

great. now you've created a Black Widower somewhere. *
by HoltzBeWithUs  (2013-01-03 18:56:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Elizabeth it's Fred I'm coming My heart's having big one" *
by Frank Drebin  (2013-01-03 19:50:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I presume your office is octagonal. *
by Irish Tool  (2013-01-03 18:46:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One question. Was she hot? *
by Irishrock  (2013-01-03 18:10:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did it have large talons? *
by PWK2  (2013-01-03 18:10:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was either you or her. You did what you had to do. *
by LocalSubAlum  (2013-01-03 17:56:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The random, sticky web always gives them away.
by mkovac  (2013-01-03 23:01:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you ever find yourself brushing your hand against a Black Widow web, two things happen:

1. You try to get it off you as soon as possible, due to an atavistic fear of Black Widows; and

2. You immediately look for the Black Widow that made the web and try to kill it.

Black Widows don't kill, it is their poison that does *
by IrishJoeinnc  (2013-01-04 08:05:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.