Recs for drinking/eating in downtown San Antonio?
by SXSW (2013-01-03 12:48:17)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I'll be there next week on the Riverwalk without a car. Any recommendations on where to eat on the company dime that isn't a tourist trap? What about where to drink on my own dime afterwards? Thanks for any insight.

Stay away from Boudro's!
by DoubleDomer0307  (2013-01-03 13:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My fiancé got terrible food poisoning there just over a year ago.

Go there anyway... it's worth it. Boudro's is excellent. *
by mmetzger  (2013-01-04 16:41:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rosario's is very good. Walkable from the river. *
by Flann  (2013-01-03 13:03:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the correct answer, don't get Mexican on the river
by mmetzger  (2013-01-04 16:45:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

walk or take a cab to Rosarios, by far the best food in the downtown area. The Chicken Chipotle is my favorite.

As far as drinking spots, there's a ton. Howl at the Moon is the most popular tourist trap so avoid that. I like Durty Nelly's although its a bit of a tourist place as well. There's some nicer bars on Houston street off the riverwalk. Cadillac Bar is walkable and kind of a cool local place.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.