I'll be in Chicago later today.
by jakam31 (2013-01-03 11:19:49)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

ABCA Conference at the Hyatt with some other coaches from our area and a few of us brought our wives. Any suggestions for a decent place to eat tomorrow or Saturday night?

Thanks in advance.

More criteria would be helpful
by reigunred  (2013-01-03 11:27:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What is your price range? Are you willing to travel from the general area of the Hyatt? Are you interested in any particular type of food or dining experience? Do you require a reservation, or are you willing to deal with a potentially inconvenient wait?

Which Hyatt? *
by DakotaDomer  (2013-01-03 11:24:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The one on Wacker.
by jakam31  (2013-01-03 11:41:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As far as price, I don't care - nothing too crazy because of who I'm with. I know they all like steak and most of them drink so anything with that combo is good. I doubt any of them brought more than standard coaching attire though so that needs to be considered.

If your group is open to great Italian food, I would conside
by Tinsu  (2013-01-03 14:49:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Quartino's (see link). It's very casual. You order small plates. You start with two or three, and everyone takes a portion. Eat, drink and talk. As you finish them, order more. Click on the link, then go to menu to see some pictures. You won't be disappointed.

It's too cold to walk. So, take a cab.

Hyatt Regency. Part of IL Center with pedways...
by kbyrnes  (2013-01-03 11:48:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...connecting about half a dozen buildings. There are a lot of quick-food places in there, plus one or two decent sit-down restaurants. The plus side is not having to go outside to reach them. If you want steak, there are at least a dozen places within short cab/walking distance, mostly just across the river and heading north. If you use Google maps and enter "steak restaurants downtown Chicago" you will see them all with clickable links for reviews and websites. With reference to the map, you'll be at the SEC of Michigan and Wacker on the immediate south side of the river.

View Larger Map

Perfect - that map is good for the wives. Thank you! *
by jakam31  (2013-01-03 15:31:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perfect - that map is good for the wives. Thank you! *
by jakam31  (2013-01-03 15:31:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.