...do it on Wordpad or in Word, then paste it. My best novellas composed for NDN have been lost forever due to OP's being removed.
Feel free to paste your response in reply to this one.
-We loved the Mel Fisher Museum (http://www.melfisher.org/). Great shipwreck/treasure stuff.
-Best meal we had was at Latitudes on Sunset Key (http://www.westinsunsetkeycottages.com/latitudes-restaurant)--great setting on a little island just across from Mallory Square.
-Hit sunset at the pier once at least. Try to catch the guy with the trained cats. It's a hoot.
From an email that I sent to a friend of mine:
Ask around for other spots. I don't really eat anywhere fancy when I am down there.
Places to go:
(1) dry tortugas - this is a cool fort, with lots of great snorkeling around it.
(2) hit the back country - take a boat tour, or a snorkeling tour out here. Allegedly, it is the best place to go on the water
(3) you can swim with dolphins on one of the trips
(1) Irish Kevin's on Duval is my favorite place. There is always a guy playing an acoustic guitar there. It is normally a really fun time.
(2) Fat Tuesday's - maybe a block away from Irish Kevin's. Lots of frozen drinks. It's a cool place to hang when the weather is nice (it's always nice).
(3) Rick's - a dance club. Shake your moneymaker.
(4) Bull and Whistle bar - head upstairs to the Whistle Bar. It is a rite of passage for everyone that goes to Key West.
(5) Sloppy Joe's - I'm not a fan of Sloppy's, but you should check it out anyway.
(1) Dante's - if you want to hang by a pool, this is the place: http://danteskeywest.com/
(1) Hemingway House - the place is huge. It is cheap to get into, and it is a nice way to kill a bit of time.
(2) Southern Most Point - a photo at the SMP is a must
(3) Lighthouse - http://www.kwahs.com/lighthouse.htm
(4) Taylor state park - check out the fort and the beach.
(5) Rent scooters and drive around.
(6) Mallory Square - the freaks come out at night. it is kind of like Times Square here in NYC...just smaller. http://www.mallorysquare.com/
I would try to get out on the water. That is the thing to do in the Keys. Go fishing, snorkeling, diving...whatever.
That's all that I have. Sorry.
The Key Largo tourist site is linked below. That might be of some help to you.