Live as close to the PATH as possible
by Nyirish08 (2013-01-03 07:28:34)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: In ~5 months, I'm going to be looking for an apt. in Hoboken  posted by undfan211

You lose almost all benefits of living that close to Manhattan, from a commuting standpoint, by living further from the major transit points because Hoboken is such a walking heavy place. You may be able to see the city from a lot of those apartments, but the people who live there still commute over an hour each way.
As far as the luxury buildings are concerned, I have a number of friends in the Tea Building, which is like a doorman NYC place, and they are all satisfied. It has a continuous shuttle in the morning to downtown for the PATH. .
My other friend just got transferred to Boston about a month ago, and has been trying to rent his place for like 6 weeks, no bites. A lot of places got their ground floors destroyed in Sandy, so I think it is odd right now in the rental world now, but should be all cleared up in 5 months.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.