Steubenville, OH - home to the worst kids on earth
by Queensman (2013-01-02 20:01:15)
Edited on 2013-01-02 21:01:16
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Warning. This not not something you want to watch if you're prone to launch your laptop. Apparently back in August, a 16 year old girl was raped by multiple players from Ohio’s Big Red High School. Two players have been charged. Just after the rape, Michael Colin Nodianos spent more than 12 minutes bragging about the conquest on video.

He mocks her....calling her "deader than ..."

Hopefully, at the very least, this video ruins his life...and most of the other kids in the room's life at a very minimum.

The link below has more to the story and the now public video. Its not good. I was only able to make it about 6 minutes in before I had to stop.

There really is no reality to some kids anymore.

I post this only because the kids name should be out there. He should not get into any college, or get any job. The video contains no entertainment value whatsoever. If anyone thinks this shouldn't be here, I'll take it down.

EDIT: Here's also the link localleaks, which documents how Anonymous took up the cause in outing this. This might be better to view than the video.

http://localleaks.blogs.ru/2013/01/01/steubenvillefiles/

Huh, Traci Lords is from Steubenville. *
by bigjinx74  (2013-01-03 12:34:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So is the inspirtation for "Hang on Sloopy"
by Jimbo Irish  (2013-01-03 12:50:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a veritable "cultural" hotbed for the state of Ohio. A breeding-ground for future Buckeye fans. Why am I not surprised?

I grew up there
by ndgibby  (2013-01-03 11:29:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thankfully my parents did not send me to Big Red. The rumors of this crap have been going on for decades. Players on roids, doing drugs, not going to class etc. In the early 90's that was about as bad as the rumors and accusations got. The whole thing needs shut down. Reno "Paterno" has a god complex going on. There is a reason why the football program was so good but you never heard of the star players really going to college to play.

Steubenville is quite the rat hole.
by jakam31  (2013-01-02 22:55:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Growing up near there, I have heard quite a bit about this story and some of it is even worse than what is written on that site. In Steubenville, corruption is the rule not the exception when it comes to politics and football in particular. When you combine the two, this is exactly what you get. The girl in question goes to school in another town across the river in WV, so the charges are actually more serious than what they were stated as being.

Normally I would defend a town in the Ohio Valley with vigor but not in this case. I sincerely doubt this is the first time something like this has happened and the only reason is has been brought to the surface is due to the advances in social media; otherwise this likely would have remained an untold story and that is sickening in and of itself. To wit:

Reno Saccoccia is a legend around the town (and to some degree, the state of Ohio) because of his success on the field. He has led teams to state championships and had plenty of his players go onto the Division 1 level. The guy can do no wrong and the booster club is like his own personal Gestapo when it comes to keeping outsiders away from his team. This fall when the media began showing up at practice, the booster club members took turns watching the parking lot at the stadium in order to deter people from asking questions.

The only thing that matters in that town is football. It is a drug-infested dump that has been on the decline since steel took a nosedive and the local economy crashed. High school football is the only thing most people have left to cling onto. It is sad.

This reads like a Pat Conroy novel out of the
by 88_92WSND  (2013-01-02 23:11:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1960s or 1950s south -- one that you would read, but never really believe could happen.

This Nodianos animal...has he been charged at all?
by Fresno Mike  (2013-01-02 22:14:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He needs to be sent to a maximum security prison. Then he'll find out who is dead.

he's a student at Ohio State, right?
by jt  (2013-01-02 22:34:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the women's groups on campus should be put on alert.

A quick email search on OSU website gives you his email
by ndgenius  (2013-01-03 10:37:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you're so inclined.

I will put them on notice.
by smcchick  (2013-01-03 09:27:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously. I will.

good *
by jt  (2013-01-03 11:07:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Done and done. *
by smcchick  (2013-01-03 13:33:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. *
by Trixie  (2013-01-03 12:44:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That video should be shown in every girls dorm at OSU.
by Queensman  (2013-01-03 10:17:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His picture plastered up on every message board in the dorms. That kid wanted fame by filming that video....he should get it.

When he walks into class, every girl in there should know who he is.

The other morale of the story....don't fuck with Anonymous....or better yet, just don't do anything morally reprehensible so that they get involved.

Apparently, the parents of one the kids involved in taking and posting the pictures is trying to sue Anonymous....good luck with that.

I know I will regret writing this
by Atticus  (2013-01-02 20:59:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But this enrages me so much that all I can think of is the old Texas saying, "those boys need killing."

What sort of culture produces such animals?

It produced the guys who did this too... (link)
by OhioIrish21  (2013-01-02 21:05:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ads along side the article on that site
by 88_92WSND  (2013-01-02 20:58:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are unfortunate given the subject.

Wasn't the victim disabled, too?

Yeah...good point. I switched the link
by Queensman  (2013-01-02 21:04:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CrossingBroad.com is more a local sports gossip site than anything. I never go there for serious news.

The other link has a lot more info and laid out better.

Disabled...as in a permanent disability? ...or with drugs? Apparently she was drugged.

I thought (from when this first came out months ago)
by 88_92WSND  (2013-01-02 21:20:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that the girl who was attacked was disabled in some way - it might have been one of the other victims, or another case.

On a related note -- kudos to Knight Sec (part of Anonymous) for the effort they've put into this.

Another case, but very similar. It was posted here also. *
by novascotiairish  (2013-01-02 22:24:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Speechless *
by KLav18  (2013-01-02 20:44:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sadly, it took the national media to bring this to light
by whitefieldwarrior  (2013-01-02 20:16:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because this would have been swept under the rug if it hadn't.

These people are animals.

...if there ever was a football program that needs shut down
by Queensman  (2013-01-02 20:38:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...its this one. There is so much wrong here, it defies belief. Its really unreal the evil people will tolerate to protect an athletic program.

I feel so proud my governor is suing the NCAA to protect PSU from punishment over covering up an child rapist.

Is that English? *
by ACross  (2013-01-02 20:45:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry.
by Queensman  (2013-01-02 20:55:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deal with it.

These two stories have me pretty pissed off right now.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.