Rehearsal/Groom's Dinner Recommendations in North Chicago?
by DakotaDomer (2013-01-02 15:09:00)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I have some ideas but I know the Back Room probably can think of some that I might miss.

I'm looking for a sit-down dinner, not formal or casual, and a good space for 30 people. I don't care too much about money but I'm not going to Alinea. Style of food doesn't matter at all, well stocked bar and wine is more important.

Old Town is preferred, then River North, then Lincoln Park.

Barrelhouse Flat? *
by JoeJackTalcum  (2013-01-02 18:49:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Outstanding place
by TheTwerp  (2013-01-03 10:09:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

may not be big enough to accomodate 30 people, but definitely a place to go afterward.

Old Town: Topo Gigio (big private room upstairs) *
by SouthieIrish  (2013-01-02 17:25:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree, love that place. One quick note...
by BLACKJACK21  (2013-01-02 22:18:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...there's no elevator so if you have older folks they might have trouble making it to the private room.

Great family owned place. *
by IrishSundevil  (2013-01-02 19:59:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Upstairs private rooms at Gibsons. *
by 02irish  (2013-01-02 16:52:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chicago Q *
by brewcitydomer  (2013-01-02 16:04:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Orso's
by heyder  (2013-01-02 15:51:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in Old Town is one idea.

We had ours at Quartino and it was great. *
by TJK1998  (2013-01-02 15:29:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2nd Quartino .... for any event. *
by Tinsu  (2013-01-02 16:20:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had mine at LuxBar and was pleased.
by Aces-Up  (2013-01-02 15:22:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We used the rooms upstairs and had cocktail hour in the bar and then dinner in the other room. Ours was about the same size as yours, maybe a touch larger. Food was good, the bars were well stocked, and the value for the price was good, I thought.

That was three years ago last night, as a matter of fact.

Luxbar is far more affordable than I expected
by DakotaDomer  (2013-01-02 19:26:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sensing a trap...how was the food? I'm shocked at their pricing for that location when it comes to food and alcohol (particularly alcohol)

Basically the same as ordering off the menu, as I recall.
by Aces-Up  (2013-01-02 22:00:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The food was very good, though obviously not Alinea. We had passed appetizers that we chose, salad/soup (don't remember which), entrees (choice of fish, steak, and maybe something else like chicken?), and dessert. The bar can be whatever you want it to be, so we chose a good quality assortment without being crazy, and I think said that if someone wanted something specific that we didn't have that they should go ahead and pour it. Don't remember what particular wine we served with dinner but I do recall that it was pretty good and reasonably priced. Honestly, neither my wife and I nor my folks had any complaints so far as I know...other than that my wife had to marry me the next day. Now this was three years ago, so I can't say what might be different now, but we were very pleased all around and I'd recommend it.

Alinea *
by NDBass  (2013-01-02 15:20:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Goose Island
by smcteacher  (2013-01-02 15:20:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My daughter's future in-laws hosted the rehearsal dinner at Goose Island. Everyone had a great time; the food was good, and the bar was great. It had a game room for the kids and plenty of room to move around.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.