Just saw Moonrise Kingdom the other day. It's funny,
by Barrister (2013-01-02 12:52:53)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Beasts of the Southern Wild OR Moonrise Kingdom *  posted by captaineclectic

because I'm no great movie watcher, and I only knew of the film's existence because I was on a JetBlue flight from San Juan, PR to St. Thomas, USVI in October.

Once you leave the lower 48, JetBlue's TVs are out of satellite range, so you only get the movie channels. My daughter was watching Brave for the 5th time, so I tried the other channels in my seat--one was Dark Knight dubbed in Spanish, and the other was Moonrise Kingdom.

It's a 14 minute flight, so I didn't get far beyond the opening credits, but it intrigued me, so we rented it last week.

I really, really liked the film. I expected it to be "Tenenbaums Take Nantucket" but while it was visually similar, the story was a really nice one, and the kids played their roles quite well.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.