Rush cover by PS I Love You
by Mr.Natural (2013-01-02 11:07:51)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Canadian-on-Canadian action... it's a different approach for sure. I really like this band. Their album Death Dreams will be on my Best of 2012.

That was rough
by NJND96  (2013-01-02 16:06:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those vocals are...interesting.

I really like Subdivisions, musically it's not a great song, but the lyrical theme is excellent and I think that carries the song.

I give it a thumbs up for not being Rush. *
by yooper  (2013-01-02 14:36:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had to turn it off. Horrible. *
by TAR  (2013-01-02 14:34:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awful rendition of a pretty good song.
by The Beef  (2013-01-02 12:01:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My musical tastes are pretty broad and trend to the alternative, but that track is really hard to listen to. The vocals, in particular, sound like Tiny Tim sodomizing a house cat.

Maybe its the fact that I happen to like Rush that makes me hate this cover. I've listened to a few of their songs on YouTube. I don't see the attraction.

Funny thing about tastes...
by Mr.Natural  (2013-01-02 12:18:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is actually one of my least favorite Rush songs (I like "Fly By Night" and "Working Man" better, to name two), and I really like PS I Love You, even though I recognize the yelping is not for everyone.

Not my favorite Rush song either
by The Beef  (2013-01-02 22:46:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Part of what makes Rush so popular with some are the lyrics. This cover just butchers some pretty good lyrics.

I just don't see where these two guys have any real talent.

Really like them
by bcbp  (2013-01-02 13:39:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although when I saw them, there were only about 20 people, so tastes may vary.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.