My daughter has been twice
by reilly (2013-01-02 10:56:04)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Anyone familiar with the ND summer soccer camp?  posted by volley

and has really enjoyed it. She went the last two summers, when she was 14 and 15 years old. The first summer, it was really hot (as in well over 100 degrees), and they stayed in an unairconditioned dorm (BP). We are from the deep south, so she is used to playing in the heat, but sleeping in it was another matter. She still had a great time though.

In terms of soccer instruction, it is probably not something you could not find closer to home. They have coaches from other colleges and players from both ND and other places coach the girls. But the experience of living, eating and playing on the ND campus was really special. They have a camp all-star game, and (at the risk of seeming to brag) my daughter played in this both years. They got to use the players' locker room, wear their jerseys, etc. for the all-star game, which was really special for my daughter. Although she is not a national team player and, therefore, has no chance of actually playing at ND, it was neat for her to have that experience.

Let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to answer.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.