Spring Break Ideas
by kokodomer (2013-01-01 20:00:37)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Anyone have any good Spring Break (1st week of April) ideas? I would prefer somewhere within driving distance from Indiana. I would prefer somewhere on a beach and not a high rise, if possible.

Many of us went to Havana. Some stayed at Hotel Nacional.
by ProV1x  (2013-01-02 07:20:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sinatra and Ava Gardner were there one year.

Hard to believe today, but unless you were on the beach in Cuba you dressed up, even a jacket and tie at dinner. Always trying to impress the ivy league angels with rich daddys.

Ivy league is overrated.
by Wooderson  (2013-01-02 09:53:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The sweet spot is right around Colgate/Gettysburg level.

Suggestion - Florida panhandle
by 85irish  (2013-01-01 20:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We live in Indy. Many folks drive the 12-13 hour drive to the Florida panhandle. Towns along route 30A are very nice. We went years back and rented a place in one of the towns there. The weather can be a little dicey at that time in terms of how warm but we really enjoyed the entire scene there. Quite family oriented

Too far north for early April. *
by NDMD  (2013-01-01 21:58:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The water will be cold.
by Rockbrig97  (2013-01-01 23:08:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But the beach will have plenty of sunshine.

I've twice spring-breaked in the panhandle in mid-March. We rented a house somewhere between Destin and Panama City Beach (I think it was Seaside), and we all came home with sunburns. The wind can have a chill in the air, and the water was definitely chilly, but we dined outside and sat on the beach all day, no problem.

Actually, one guy in your group had a golden brown tan.
by A1Leprechaun  (2013-01-02 10:30:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No burning here.

Seconded. 30A is a hidden gem.
by Aces-Up  (2013-01-01 21:34:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We liked Watersound, just east of Seaside, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the towns down there.

SHHHH....You'll ruin it if you tell everyone. *
by Keenan4W  (2013-01-02 00:45:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.