Is there still a golf course outside the Rose Bowl?
by ProV1x (2013-01-01 17:10:19)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

My father used to play the PGA Tour and played in the old Pasadena Open at that course in the 30's.

My parents took me along one year and my mother said I was the first so called "tour baby" out there, as most of the players couldn't afford to travel with their families.

I have some of Dad's old 8MM film of many of the Tour players holding me and posing for the camera. Priceless, as those guys are all long gone now and I'm well into the back nine.

I didn't know the course went that far back
by GraniteBayDomer  (2013-01-01 21:08:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used to run right by it, as it was on my running route around the Rose Bowl. Fond memories

Yes, still a golf course. *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2013-01-01 20:12:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the 1st disc golf course is nearby in Oak Grove Park *
by discNDav  (2013-01-01 18:03:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I "accidentally"shanked a drive into the Rose Bowl
by nannywarth  (2013-01-01 17:54:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A couple years back at that course.

I just checked Google Maps, and yes,
by LocalSubAlum  (2013-01-01 17:18:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brookside Golf Course is just outside of the stadium on the North side.

Thank yeww, I couldn't see the course for the cars. *
by ProV1x  (2013-01-01 17:52:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need to get a professional to convert those to digital.
by IAND75  (2013-01-01 17:17:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe even the PGA would be willing to that for you if they would want them for their archives.

Thanks, I have them on disc but it would take a lot of work
by ProV1x  (2013-01-01 18:10:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to edit all of the other stuff out, like baby ProV1x picking up shells by the ocean.

Also, pictures of these players aren't too rare either, as there is a lot of both 16MM and 8MM golf film out there.

Dad would usually only take pictures of the players swings on the practice fairway, but Mom took close up, more personal shots of them. On Dad's pictures, if you didn't know the player's swing you wouldn't have a clue who it was.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.