Exotic folk music for Vampire Weekend fans
by Mr.Natural (2013-01-01 13:32:11)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

This is a Philly band with a world music approach - lead singer/mandolin player Brendan Mulvihill recently spent a year travelling in Siberia and came back to craft this album with Dr. Dog member Eric Slick...

Got one for you: Hospitality
by knutesteen  (2013-01-01 13:42:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

KUTX on the day before its official launch is having Austin musicians host for an hour each. Robert Harrison of Austin's Cotton Mather(!) played this song this morning. I did a blog search on WYMA and didn't find them referenced there. Did I miss it?

Good stuff.
by Mr.Natural  (2013-01-01 13:49:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We don't tend to get advances (or anything, really) from Merge. Thanks for the heads up - sounds good. Also appreciate the Cotton Mather reference - awesome power pop, eh?

Yeah, the few Merge albums I've covered were ...
by Rocksteady74  (2013-01-01 19:06:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... specifically requested, and even then it wasn't always easy. But majors like Atlantic and Sony are tougher. Fortunately, most of those artists aren't in our wheelhouse.

Fortunate enough to hear Cotton Mather originally on Austin'
by knutesteen  (2013-01-01 13:58:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

s KGSR, a formerly great station which was put out to pasture 3-4 years ago by Emmis and its corporate influence, resulting in just really bad, bland radio even if still populated by some good people on the air. I have told anyone who will listen that my best Christmas present is KUTX, which kicks off tomorrow at 5:30 AM.

I'll be in the new BELO KUT studio tomorrow at 2:00 PM for KUTX's first live show, with nearby Dripping Springs resident Sam Beam/Iron & Wine.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.