Southwest is dominant at Midway.
by FtWorthIrish (2012-12-31 10:52:20)
Edited on 2012-12-31 10:59:54
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I'm flying from Chicago. O'hare and Midway are possibilities  posted by Nohow

Being a no frills airline they aren't going to have those perks and upgrades outside of business select which lets you board earlier. Mainly Rapid Rewards is good for free flights. That leaves United and American out of O'Hare. I would be leery of going with American right now. Even though it looks like they're going to emerge from bankruptcy, there's still a lot of pressure from the unions (and shareholders) to merge with US Airways. I've told some of these folks that they're trading one set of bastards for another that in some ways might be worse, but they're so blinded by their anger at AA management they can't think straight. Right now I'd say go with United since the Continental management seems to have them going in the right direction.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.