So I take it the Carbon family doesn't own it anymore?
by LocalSubAlum (2012-12-31 08:59:39)
Edited on 2012-12-31 09:25:15
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: A really strange family dynamic amongst the previous owners. *  posted by Section 12

I have a story to relate about one of the Carbons. Back in 1980, I had a part-time job at a gas station in Niles. One Sunday afternoon, one of the Carbons (I won't say which), came in and pulled up to the full service island. When I went out to pump his gas, he told me to fill it up with leaded premium. Since his car was labeled for unleaded fuel, I told him I couldn't do that. He insisted he wanted leaded premium and when I still refused, he got out of the car and said, "Get out of the way, I'll do it myself." So, I went inside and turned off the switch to the pump.

Angry, he came inside and said, "I'm going over to the self serve island. If you shut that pump off, I'll punch you f***ing face!" Of course, I shut that pump off, too. Fuming, he came back inside and said, "What's Gary's (the owner) home phone number?" I picked up the phone, called my boss and told him what happened, including the threat. My boss said "Let me talk to him." I handed him the phone and he (Carbon) didn't say anything except, "yes...yes... yes, okay". He then handed me the phone and said, "LSA, Gary wants to talk to you."

My boss then told me that while it was illegal for me to pump the leaded fuel into his car, if he wanted to pump it himself, he didn't care if he pumped water into it. He said he also told him that if he ever threatened me or any of his employees again, he would press charges against him. Mr. Carbon was very nice to me whenever he came in after that.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.