Bearssssh.
by ndwineaux (2012-12-30 20:10:09)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

A fookin' shame, I tell ya.
God bless those guys - they tried their little Monster hearts out.
Better luck next year, fellas.

thanks
by El Capitan  (2012-12-30 20:26:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just glad I don't have to root for a team that lost to the Bears.

Twice *
by NDKevin  (2012-12-30 20:35:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most bears fans are happy
by dwjm3  (2012-12-30 20:18:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We knew it would take collaspe to get rid of lovie....Awful attempt to get a rise out of us..I wanted the Vikings to win

Lovie ain't gone yet *
by sprack  (2012-12-31 09:51:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

O-line was a drawback all year...
by kbyrnes  (2012-12-30 21:55:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...remember how ND did when that was the case? The GM has to restock on that front; the trouble is, a lot of the best players on defense are getting long in the tooth, too. I have a feeling we're heading into a period of Bears football as it was from the late 60s until the early to mid 80s.

It's probably time to turn the page. Get a new HC in there.
by rkg  (2012-12-30 21:10:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let go of some of the older players...like Urlacher.

Fix the OLine.

I'll believe it when I see it.
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-30 20:55:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even though the Bears didn't make the playoffs, in the NFL, a 10-6 record is pretty good and is usually good enough to get in. I really believe the McCaskeys simply don't want to fire Lovie and the 10-6 record will be enough for them to rationalize keeping him for at least another year.

the McCaskeys only care about the money.
by sb  (2012-12-30 22:18:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Lovie has any years left on his contract he'll be back.

Only the bengals keep the bears from being the cheapest organization in the nfl.

Lovie only has next year left on his contract.
by Vermin96  (2012-12-30 23:27:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not too many lame duck HCs in the NFL

He was a lame duck coach in 2010.
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-31 10:02:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Bears made the playoffs that year and he was given a new three year contract. Given the fact that the Bears went 10-6 and the McCaskeys are notoriously cheap, I will be very surprised if Lovie gets fired.

Very true. If I said I would coach the team for 100,000 a
by smcchick  (2012-12-30 23:08:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

year, they would offer me on the spot.

My newest 'shop...
by RocketShark  (2012-12-30 20:37:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.