Parking at South Beach?
by ndwineaux (2012-12-30 11:51:21)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

We are planning on attending the Discover Card/Bud Light/Goody's Powders/Goo-Goo Clusters/Fan Zone/Beach Blanket Bingo/Pep Rally event on Saturday.

Anyone have any tips for parking around there? It's been many years since I was there, but I recall it to be quite tight for parking.

Thanks in advance!

Is Miami Beach the same name for South Beach?.....
by Harv79Pangborn  (2012-12-31 10:36:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the early 1970s the "Jackie Gleason Show" was from Miami Beach. Is there still a Miami Beach or is it called South Beach now? Or is South Beach a small part of Miami Beach?

The last time I was in South Beach (a few years ago...
by kbyrnes  (2012-12-30 12:44:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...between Christmas and going-home-after-New-Year's), Collins Avenue tended to be a slow-moving molasses-river of traffic, which was OK because we were sight-seeing. The other north-south streets were busy, and even cruising around the side streets was time consuming. We managed to park in a city lot, of which there are a number, though each was rather modest in size; we hit several "dry wells" before finding a spot...and this was with no BCS NC game going on! The whole Miami Beach area is pretty small. A Google parking map is right here.

I seem to recall that they had public transportation, but have no clue where it connects to--probably something goes up and down Collins towards Bal Harbour.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.