Anyone have connections with Barry Manilow/Disson Skating?
by DoubleDomer0307 (2012-12-30 02:02:41)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

A friend of mine has a four year old autistic son who has been a huge fan of Barry Manilow since he was only a few months old. He loves Barry's music, and it's very calming to him. In a couple weeks, Barry will be coming to Seattle to perform as part of an ice skating show, and she's desperately trying to arrange a meeting with him for her son. She's written his management company, fan club, local news stations, and posted on his Facebook page, all with no response. If anyone can do anything to help this little boy meet his favorite musician, I'd greatly appreciate it.

i wouldn't get any hopes up
by cujaysfan  (2012-12-30 02:33:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a friend of mine was one of barry's backup singers for a show here in denver some years ago.

before the show - she and the other girls were taken aside and told that - they couldn't talk to barry, they were not to look at him in the eye, they weren't to engage him in any manner.

CC has said that it was one of the oddest show biz experiences she's ever had. two hour show - i think she made about $150 - and never said a word to the "talent".

My dad is an arena manager and his staff was told the same. *
by Rockbrig97  (2012-12-30 12:06:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Weird....thanks for the heads up. *
by DoubleDomer0307  (2012-12-30 03:05:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.