Anything worth seeing in Sao Paolo?
by Wooderson (2012-12-29 19:34:04)
Edited on 2012-12-29 19:35:19
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Gotta kill 12 hours, and hell no I won't be doing that at the airport.

my brother on Sao Paolo... "Gary with 15 million people." *
by irish tenor  (2012-12-30 09:29:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

25 million
by starburns  (2012-12-30 11:11:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it's actually a fantastic city. There are ways in which I actually like it better than Rio, at least as a place to live.

So how was the hiking? How about a few pics? *
by Ryno  (2012-12-30 00:56:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read everyone's posts bitching about US Air, and chortled.
by Wooderson (click here to email the poster)  (2012-12-30 01:48:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because none of y'all had to fly LAN.

So, the hiking thing, well, due to a mid-vacation disaster with connections and whatnot, I got one day in Torres Del Paine. Had to horseback it up in the one day I had, at least I saw the Torres when the clouds parted for 5 mins. Pretty much the same as when I spent three nights in Kleine Scheidegg and saw the Eiger for 5 mins in total.

If you're seriously interested, I make music videos of my trips. Irish Apache will vouch for their legitimacy. Email me, and I'll link you.

The very idea that you can get somewhere and back in
by sprack  (2012-12-30 00:28:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

12 hours in Sao Paolo is downright hilarious.

Great Restaurant Famligna Mancini
by Harry Oliver  (2012-12-29 19:51:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Figueroa Rubayat it's a nice steakhouse in a nice area to walk around. If you do not know where you are going or do not have a driver it's fairly dangerous. Never had issues at airport I have been there a few times in last six months.

This is an exaggeration
by starburns  (2012-12-30 04:42:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been to Sao Paulo dozens of times. I have many friends who lived there, walked around freely, and drove their own cars. There is no need for a driver or a guard unless you're a well-known public figure or drug dealer. It's not Tokyo, but it's no more dangerous for a tourist than New York.

That said, the best neighborhoods are Moema and Jardins, though Itaim Bibi is up-and-coming and has a lot of the most exciting restaurants. Ibirapuera Park is lovely as well; if you have time, it's worth a walk around.

Second the reco on Figueroa Rubayat
by Connormacmanus  (2012-12-29 20:35:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Impressive space.

If at all possible - go their for their Feijoada. Feijoada is kind of a Brazilian brunch, but not a dainty little American brunch. It's a massive corncucopia of meat and awesome. Do that. Then sleep.

Figueroa is one of my all-time favorite restaurants
by starburns  (2012-12-30 04:32:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sao Paulo has amazing food. But my recommendation would actually be to go to the municipal market downtown and have a mortadella sandwich. That's the most typical Sao Paulo lunch. Feijoada is typically served on Saturday, so it'll be hard to find any other day. Also, I find it completely disgusting, but that's a personal preference.

Given my schedule, sleep is going to be a tall order. *
by Wooderson  (2012-12-29 20:39:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It may take you that long to get back through
by ky_mick  (2012-12-29 19:50:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

security after you leave. It took over four hours to get through customs and security on my last trip due to a power failure with the servers. The boarding passes ended up being written by hand.

35 mins from plane to bus, 8 mins from check in to sky club.
by Wooderson  (2012-12-30 18:22:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the fact that it's Sunday helps.

Unfortunately, I concur with this
by az_Irish_devil  (2012-12-30 00:58:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The security line at international terminal in Sao Paolo was a trainwreck the last two times times through.

Smells like a challenge. I accept. *
by Wooderson  (2012-12-30 01:49:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bahamas *
by wide right  (2012-12-29 19:40:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The women. *
by NDBass  (2012-12-29 19:37:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.