Piggy backing Newt's "Eye of Round" post, horseradish
by ky_mick (2012-12-28 20:53:14)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

of choice? I've not found anything locally (Northern KY.-Cincinnati area) that really stands out.
I remember the local bar sandwiches my dad brought home when I was younger and the horseradish rocked.

better option (link)
by cujaysfan  (2012-12-29 12:58:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a Coleman's English Mustard fan as an option but it's
by ky_mick  (2012-12-29 14:34:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a bit pricey around here. Thanks though, I'll have to check it out.

I think it's Eye of Newt *
by smcchick  (2012-12-29 00:11:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect that you grew up in Buffalo
by Barney68  (2012-12-28 22:20:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Horseradish from the Broadway Market rocked!

Among my other academic efforts is an MBA from Canisius College in Buffalo. They have an annual event here in DC. Back in the day, it was on Capitol Hill. They always served beef on weck. Brought the weck from Buffalo but bought the rest locally.

One year, they also imported the horse. We all damn near died because we assumed it was the typical DC slop and LOADED it on the sandwiches. My wife still talks about this and it was, maybe, 20 years ago.

Born and raised in Northern Kentucky but
by ky_mick  (2012-12-29 12:45:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've traveled extensively for work, that's how I got to love English Mustard. I just remember the sandwiches dad would bring home and later send me to get. The horseradish was a big part of them. I'll probably hit Jungle Jim's or The Party Source for some options.

Dick's in Canton, OH.
by GRANDBABIES  (2012-12-28 21:58:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even Sprack can't turn down dick's in Canton, OH.... And who can blame him?!?!

It's nothing but the best wild root. freshly ground. the way big mamma used to slap it together.

Now you're talkin
by Irishguard78  (2012-12-30 10:46:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Slap Dick's horseradish

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.