I think a lot of the roads through the park are closed
by steez_nutz (2012-12-28 13:37:03)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Recommendations needed for a day in Grand Teton area  posted by NDscott

in the winter, as well as any hiking trails. If you go, you will see wildlife. I've been to Jackson 3-4 times and I've seen moose every time. I've also seen a bald eagle, elk and deer (the deer were just walking around town). If you aren't going skiing, you might check out Granite Hot Springs. It's about 10-15 miles south of Jackson and requires a snowmobile ride, but you will have a nice soak in a natural hot spring. The town of Jackson is nice, but you can pretty much see it in a couple of hours, which includes a meal, buying a nick-nack for mom and a t-shirt for yourself. Again, if you aren't skiing, the Jackson Hole resort won't have much to offer, but they do have cross country skiing trails if you want to give that a go.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.