Unlike music, they're free. Here are some of my favorites
by Max Fischer (2012-12-28 10:43:02)
Edited on 2012-12-28 10:45:18
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Thank you, will check it out.  posted by MakeAnAssessment

(descriptions from the iTunes store)

99% Invisible: A tiny radio show about design, architecture & the 99% invisible activity that shapes our world.
Bullseye with Jesse Thorn: Bullseye is your curated guide to culture. Jesse Thorn hosts in-depth interviews with brilliant creators, culture picks from The AV Club and irreverent original comedy. Bullseye has been featured in Time, The New York Times, GQ and McSweeney's.
Filmspotting: Weekly film podcast/WBEZ radio show from Chicago featuring in-depth reviews, top 5 lists and interviews. Hosted by Adam Kempenaar and Josh Larsen.
Freakonomics Radio: The latest articles from Freakonomics Radio
International Waters: A pop culture comedy quiz show where land laws don't apply.
Judge John Hodgman: Decisions Rendered by John Hodgman.
My Brother, My Brother And Me: My Brother, My Brother and Me is an advice show for the modern age.
NPR: How To Do Everything Podcast: How To Do Everything is half advice show, half survival guide. We answer all your questions, from how to find a date, to how to find water in the desert.
NPR: Planet Money Podcast: Money makes the world go around, faster and faster every day. On NPR's Planet Money, you'll meet high rollers, brainy economists and regular folks -- all trying to make sense of our rapidly changing global economy.
Sklarbro Country: Sklarbro Country features Randy and Jason Sklar as they give their weekly comedic takes on the worlds of sports and pop culture. You don’t have to know about sports to enjoy it, as long as you like silly puns and great comedians.
Stop Podcasting Yourself: Vancouver's top comedy podcast? Hosted by Graham Clark and Dave Shumka, with weekly guests. Hilarious weekly guests? Yup.
The Dinner Party: The Dinner Party with Rico Gagliano and Brendan Francis Newnam
The Flop House: Funny Talk About Film Flops
the memory palace: From award-winning public radio producer, Nate DiMeo, comes The Memory Palace. Short, surprising stories of the past, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes hysterical, always super-great.
The Moth Podcast: Since its launch in 1997, The Moth has presented thousands of true stories, told live and without notes, to standing-room-only crowds worldwide. Moth storytellers stand alone, under a spotlight, with only a microphone and a roomful of strangers.
This American Life: Official free, weekly podcast of the award-winning radio show "This American Life." First-person stories and short fiction pieces that are touching, funny, and surprising. Hosted by Ira Glass, whom Buck Mulligan hates
WNYC's Radiolab: On Radiolab, science meets culture and information sounds like music. Each episode of Radiolab® is an investigation -- a patchwork of people, sounds, stories and experiences centered around One Big Idea. Hosted by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.