Need some advice on boarding a dog in South Bend.
by bleedsgreen04 (click here to email the poster) (2012-12-28 10:37:40)
Edited on 2012-12-28 12:23:35
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Ok, so my father and I are going to the game in Miami, and my mother is coming along for the ride. The only problem is they still have my brother's dog, a big vizsla who will need looking after while we're in Miami. What's the BR recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Kryder Kritter Motel in Granger
by chezhdchick  (2012-12-28 20:14:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are affiliated with Kryder Vet Clinic.

breen phillips *
by johneye  (2012-12-28 13:59:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are a bad person. *
by 84david  (2012-12-28 14:06:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I lived in B-P
by mkovac  (2012-12-28 15:32:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fond memories of Breen Phillips, my freshman year, '66-'67.

Arriving on campus with my parents for the first time and staying with them at the Morris Inn. After we checked in, we walked around campus for the first time.

It took forever to find BP and I realized it was adjacent to this huge building with a rounded roof - the Field House. After my Freshman year, I'd store my furniture and trunk there. When I arrived back for my sophomore year, my furniture was gone, but I still had that big damn trunk.

I remember the great football season and coming back to my room to find that my roommates and the guys in the room next to me had removed the medicine cabinets and were conducting a water fight through the hole in the wall with buckets full of water. All the stuff on my desk was soaked.

I had an Endless Summer poster on the wall that kept falling down no matter how many times I tried to tape it up.

The steam heat - hated that stuff - dried all of our sinuses out and we all got sick.

Then, in spring, the panty raid on St. Mary's. Some friends got into the second floor of LeMans Hall and hysterical St. Mary's girls laughingly threw bras at them until the penguins chased them out with brooms.

What a year.

We've used Linda's Camp K-9 in Mishawaka
by BandAlum66  (2012-12-28 13:52:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

several times, both for boarding and "doggie day care". However, if you're not already a customer, they require a "trial" visit so they can determine how well the dog gets along with other dogs and with the staff. You will also need shot records from your vet.

I think they're great, too *
by Kayo  (2012-12-28 19:57:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

San-mar out beyond the airport is great
by mintirish  (2012-12-28 13:27:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

reasonably priced and lots of room for the dogs to run around and socialize. Our dog always comes home and sleeps for a day or two b/c she has been having so much fun.

I use Pet Palace in Granger
by Kayo  (2012-12-28 12:59:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know and trust the owners to treat my little baby like its their little baby. Kryder has a good reputation, but I have not used them.

Concord K-9 Center in Elkhart is fantastic. *
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2012-12-28 11:07:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are fancier places, but I've used their vet
by GailStanwyck  (2012-12-28 10:50:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Roseland Animal Hospital, several times. My big, neurotic dog loves them and they're reasonably priced.

Thanks, I think this is the one we'll use! *
by bleedsgreen04  (2012-12-28 13:29:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My old neighborhood.
by Revue Party  (2012-12-28 12:47:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's really gone down hill now that Naugles is no longer there.

I've stayed there on football weekends. Chow is great.
by ArasEra  (2012-12-28 12:45:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Try the Eukanuba!

I boarded my dog at Knights Inn once.
by SWPaDem  (2012-12-28 16:03:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He hasn't spoken to me since.

Many depressed alley cats when they demolished that place *
by chezhdchick  (2012-12-28 20:17:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should've called the SPCA and reported you. *
by ArasEra  (2012-12-28 20:04:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you would learn to behave yourself in public,
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-28 15:07:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe UR wouldn't have to board you.

The character Brian Griffin is based on me. *
by ArasEra  (2012-12-28 20:07:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded
by buffaloirish  (2012-12-28 11:19:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My father-in-law relies on RAH to board and provide veterinary services to his small dog (tibetan spaniel).

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.