I have to disagree on several points. First, get beignets at
by TAR (2012-12-27 20:00:20)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Get beignets at Cafe Beignet. Go see the Cathedral and  posted by ndwineaux

Cafe Du Mond in Jackson Square. Not that other place. Second, the quarter is both family friendly and awesome and you shoud take your time and explore it during the day. At night, the drunks and freaks come out to play, but it isn't that scandalous. If you love pure music, make the effort to go to Preservation Hall. It is without a doubt the most authentic misical experience that can be had. My kids really enjoyed both the aquarium and insectarium which are a short walk from each other near the end of the river walk. Taking a brief cruise on one of the rivwrboats is fun too (Natchez) but if you don't want to spend the coin to do that just hop on the car ferry for a free round trip across the river and back. I echo City Park and the Art Museum. If you get a hold of the NOLA visitors center they will give you a coupon book for a lot of these places as well. Have fun!

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.