Anyone have a good rub for Barbeque Chicken
by mjv8198 (2012-12-27 18:55:19)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

barbeque chicken low and slow. I have 14 lbs of pork butt to go along with the chicken and will cook sliced steak cooked on a salt block as well. I am looking for a good rub to add a different taste to the chicken.

Thanks for you help.

I use Big Rons Rub
by weisman2532  (2012-12-28 12:14:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Hint of Houston adds just a bit of spicyness.

Go simple
by Robert Earl Keen  (2012-12-28 00:19:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2 parts brown sugar, 1 part basic meat seasoning, 1 part paprica.

If you go low and slow, try to get some good smoke. Use an oak and hickory mix... plenty of bark.

I tried this Port-a-pit recipe. Only issue I had was smoking
by irishlala  (2012-12-27 20:29:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

too long dries it out. Flavor was close to the real stuff. Finish on the grill for a couple minutes to crisp the skin.

Disclaimer: this is neither me nor my friends in the link. I just found this through google.

Google Peruvian chicken. *
by Bluntschli  (2012-12-27 20:12:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy spit!
by Porpoiseboy  (2012-12-27 22:49:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was totally expecting to get a link to urban dictionary.

Low and slow doesn't really help chicken.
by Killian  (2012-12-27 19:32:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you have the means, grill it and add some smoke. Chicken can get rubbery going low and slow. Go to the tvwbb forums and search for the roadside chicken recipe. It is my favorite chicken recipe of all time.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.