Return to Back Room
Show All Thread
In reply to:
engagement ring advice.
posted by IrishinScranton
1. Decide how much you can reasonably spend. Don't be cheap. But don't be an idiot either.
2. Do not go to a chain. Go to a trusted jeweler.
3. Educate yourself on the grading system.
4. Choose quality (color, clarity, cut) over size.
5. There's no reason to go over 2 carats. And a high quality 1 carat diamond looks great too.
5. Stick to brilliant cut (round).
All 110% correct - Specifically #2, #4 & #5.
Setting type? white gold? yellow gold? platinum?
If you buy a very white/clear stone it should have a....
Most of that is based on what his fiancee likes.
Platinum neither degrades nor tarnishes.
A rare post by AZ trashing gold. *
Agreed, hopefully there were some hints dropped. *
I pretty much know what she wants...
Something like this?
similar to that...
That's pretty common.
I appreciate the advice *
I mostly agree.
The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.