I like my Merrell Moabs
by Tommy Baseball (2012-12-27 14:20:04)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Any recommendations on hiking boots?  posted by mitquinn

Super lightweight. You are trading weight for ankle support, but from your description, it doesn't sound like you are planning to do too much off the trail hiking.

I've hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon twice in them and never had a blister and support was adequate. For Southern California/desert hiking, I went with the non-waterproof version. They breathe really well and keep your feet comfortable. Just realize, if you step in a puddle that is a little too deep, your socks will get soaked. They have a waterproof version, but that adds a little weight and I can't speak to breathability.

The only knock on them is that the cloth around the heel on mine is wearing out, but that is likely because I slip them on and off rather than untying them. All my shoes are like this after a few years.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.