Go ahead and say it, Bears fans.....
by Nitschke (2012-12-27 09:10:12)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Go Pack!

Rogers lost me my fantasy league title.
by NW Ohio Irish  (2012-12-27 16:07:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had some real bad games, as a Bears fan I hate them more.

I want the Packers to lose every game they ever play.
by Rudy36  (2012-12-27 14:07:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ever.

You must be frequently frustrated then. *
by anthro_domer  (2012-12-27 15:32:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Indeed. *
by Nitschke  (2012-12-27 22:16:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Never. *
by Otis  (2012-12-27 12:36:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope. I don't want the Bears to make the playoffs
by El Kabong  (2012-12-27 09:54:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they make the playoffs, they'll be one-and-done anyway, and it'll be much more difficult to launch Lovie.

I'll forego watching them in one more game this season to make Lovie's exit easier.

It's a moot point -- indeed, a mute one
by ShermanOaksND  (2012-12-28 01:03:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Bears will lose in Detroit. If that doesn't get Lovie fired, it's torches and pitchforks time.

If Lovie gets the ax, he will no problems getting a job
by G.K.Chesterton  (2012-12-27 13:37:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

elsewhere as a DC (and I say this as a Packer fan). That doesn't mean I think the Bears should keep him. Urlacher is probably gone. Brigss is old. Peppers is on the slow decline. The bad drafting is finally catching up to the Bears.

Lovie isn't all of the problem. Their cheapness and refusal
by smcchick  (2012-12-27 13:27:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to assemble any kind of offensive line has always been the problem. Well not always, but for quite awhile now.

I agree, they have a personnel problem
by miamioh_irishfan  (2012-12-27 13:32:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and that is 1, 2 and 3 in front of a coaching problem. It's the thing they supposedly corrected last season when the launched Angelo. If Emery thinks they can win with Lovie and upgraded talent through the draft and free agency, I'd be OK with it.

what a legacy
by cujaysfan  (2012-12-27 12:59:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wasting one of the all time great NFL defenses

wasting the greatest special teams in the history of the league

QB ineptness

terrible OL play (of late)

later lovie...

Slight nit-
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-27 13:07:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The offensive line play hasn't been terrible of late. That has been a weak spot on the team since 2006 and Lovie, the coaching staff and the front office don't seem to have a clue how to fix it. Even at it's best over the last six years, the offensive line has been inconsistent.

And the times when Cutler has been inept, it has been mainly due to shitty line play. When they protect him, he's a good quarterback.

prior to cutler
by cujaysfan  (2012-12-27 15:04:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a decent QB is what kept the bears from winning a superbowl

or at least getting to a few more

rex grossman - sheesh

Yet he took them to a Superbowl
by tkoui  (2012-12-27 17:12:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was Ron Turner who kept calling passing plays in the rain when all that was needed the 2nd half was to continue running the ball. Sound familiar?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tom Cruise was involved. *
by Bluntschli  (2012-12-27 20:35:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, Rex was just...you know...gross, man. *
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-27 15:44:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Except that their 1st-round pick was benched.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2012-12-27 13:27:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he is playing, it's only due to injury.

A fish rots from the head down.
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-27 13:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Bears' problems start with Michael McCaskey and go from there. There are worse organizations in the league, but they will always a mediocre team as long as the McCaskey family owns them.

What about Ted Phillips, is he also pulling the strings? *
by smcchick  (2012-12-27 14:14:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's an accountant who ...
by CJC  (2012-12-27 15:57:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doesn't know whether a football is pumped or stuffed.

ND alum. So he's focusing on what worked
by Buck Mulligan  (2012-12-27 14:25:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

35 years ago.

Kudos.
by bk  (2012-12-27 20:06:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You posted this just in time to be included on one of those year's-best lists.

Then he should know the Bears need Holtz and a fullback. *
by smcchick  (2012-12-27 14:26:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the nose
by Irishlawyer  (2012-12-27 14:03:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anyone who believes Michael is not still at the helm needs a head exam.

I believe Michael was replaced by his brother, George.
by Finn  (2012-12-27 14:03:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But your point stands, and I have long agreed with it--this franchise is going to have issues as long as the McCaskey's are in charge. They value Lovie for reasons that don't include "building a championship team." They're content to sell tickets, make the playoffs (even if they don't have a team capable of winning the Super Bowl), and keep their players off the police blotter.

Geez. You guys take all the fun out of rooting against you.
by ndwineaux  (2012-12-27 12:39:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All season long - OK, since about week 8, when I realized the Lie-downs were, once again, a steaming dung-pile - I haven't paid much attention to the NFL. Then I saw a note during the CMU game last night that the Bores needed to win to make the playoffs. My son and I decided that Sunday's CHI vs DET game was MUST SEE TV.
Then I come to the board and see that you guys WANT them to lose? JMJ.

looking forward to Lovie 2: Electric Boogalo *
by el capitan  (2012-12-27 12:15:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is reminding me of Doug Collins with the Bulls...
by kbyrnes  (2012-12-27 11:46:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...according to Sam Smith's book, as you recall, they told Collins that he had gotten them from point A to point B, but they wanted to get to point C.

The only thing that I wonder is whether the devil we know is better than the one we don't.

Exactly. Who could do better?
by tkoui  (2012-12-27 13:55:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can take or leave Lovie but who would come in and do better? Cowher (several years removed now)? Don't say Gruden. Don't ever say Gruden. He milks talent but doesn't build it.

Reid *
by TRE  (2012-12-27 15:39:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't bet on it *
by tkoui  (2012-12-27 15:56:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know "they just don't do this in the NFL"
by miamioh_irishfan  (2012-12-27 11:17:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I wish they'd let him coach out his final year and then launch him. With all the age on the roster it would suck to let some new guy come in and hand him a bunch of guys who can't run anymore. Plus, I'm not sure Lovie is a terrible coach.

It may, in fact, be time to move on from this particular era of Bears football and not renew Lovie, but jumping into the coaching circus this season might not be the best idea either. There are about to be 12-14 openings in the league this year and the Bears are notoriously cheap with regard to coaching hires. Anyone they get this offseason will be a worse coach that Lovie and he'll have absolutely nothing to work with next year.

It's 2010 part 2.
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-27 11:11:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two years ago, it was the same scenario. Lovie was on the hot seat, but the Bears made the playoffs and he not only was his job saved, he got a contract extension. The Bears only have to beat the lowly Lions this Sunday, and they are in as a wild-card. Even if they lose in the first round, McCaskey won't fire Lovie after making the playoffs. Face it, he will be around at least one more season.

One more season of him standing on the sidelines with that bewildered look on his face.

The Vikings have to lose as well
by El Kabong  (2012-12-27 11:14:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I'm not considering a win over the Lions a done deal

Lovie and Norv Turner both have more lives than a cat. *
by LocalSubAlum  (2012-12-27 11:19:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This. *
by HarryWaters  (2012-12-27 11:05:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Totally agree...Lovie must go *
by Domer58  (2012-12-27 10:50:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boo *
by tkoui  (2012-12-27 10:30:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel the same way. *
by Finn  (2012-12-27 10:20:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You son of a... *
by Porpoiseboy  (2012-12-27 09:31:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.