Music question froma total ignoramus
by captaineclectic (2012-12-27 08:31:14)
Edited on 2012-12-27 08:31:38
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

There seems to be a sense -- and I don't know if it's from this board or from Facebook or from the internet as a whole -- that Mumford and Sons is kind of an uncool or faux indie/hipster band.

There also seems to be a sense that Of Monsters and Men is pretty freaking sweet.

To me these bands seem ... not dissimilar.

Can anyone provide me a simple explanation of the difference, and, as a side assignment, explain where Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and Florence and the Machine fall on this spectrum?

Please feel free to ridicule these questions, which I realize probably sound a little like "If Spielberg is so great, why don't people like Brian de Palma" or, in my more familiar idiom, "Why do people think Frank Miller is a good penciler when all his people look like shit? Isn't it important to be able to draw people?"

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.