Hypothetically, if I were to take a pretty girl, far too
by irishcrusader (2012-12-26 21:15:15)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

good for me, out around Rockefeller Center (because she wants to see some of the sights (sites?) in Manhattan) what would be a good bar to grab drinks and maybe a meal out at and how hard is it to go ice skating there on a Friday night?

Hey. Cut the "far too good for me" crap. *
by bucket  (2012-12-27 10:11:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded. I dislike that in general, but I know you, IC,
by GailStanwyck  (2012-12-27 10:17:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so I know it's not true.

Have fun!

Some thoughts
by Atticus  (2012-12-26 22:47:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

drinks at Bemelman's in the Carlyle Hotel. If she was fond of the Madeline books as a child, she will love the pictures by old Ludwig Bemelman.

Dinner at Cafe Boulud across the street.

After dinner, If the weather permits, a fortifying walk down to Rockefeller Center (if not, a cab) about a mile or so, and reservations for the skating at Rockefeller Center. No waiting, no fuss. See online site for reservations. They are usually open until 11 or so.

drinks at the Pierre Hotel. Dinner at Balthazar.
by mkovac  (2012-12-26 22:18:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's what I would do.

Little ND/Balthazar trivia
by ND8486  (2012-12-27 08:23:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My brother ND '77 designed all the tile work there and his compnay installed it.

He also did Pastis.

Also Pravda Bar

That's outstanding.
by heyder  (2012-12-27 21:04:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beautifully done.

The holes in the hammer and sickle are a nice touch.

Really cool *
by Therockkilledme  (2012-12-27 11:31:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

does she like things smothered in donkey sauce? (link)
by cujaysfan  (2012-12-26 21:21:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's for after the ice skating. *
by CMillar  (2012-12-27 09:58:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.