For your commercial free Austin-centric listening pleasure
by knutesteen (2012-12-26 14:23:54)
Edited on 2013-02-08 11:07:34
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

KUTX, Austin's new music-only NPR offshoot has moved from an Austin-centric holiday mix to just free form, commercial free music until 1/2/13, when hosted programming begins. When I first tuned in this morning and heard Elvis Costello's "High Fidelity," the Jam's "The Modern World" sandwiched around blues, Americana and Austin gems like Alejandro Escovedo, I knew instantly that there will be no point having any other terrestrial radio stations on my presets in 2013. Give it a listen at the link and choose KUTX.

Thanks for posting this! I am listening now...
by ewillND  (2012-12-27 00:34:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man, there's some great music out there...

It's been so good for 2 days that I hope it continues
by knutesteen  (2012-12-27 09:53:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heard Television's "Marquee Moon" yesterday, and the Buzzcocks' "Are Everything" this morning...Free form radio lives.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.